**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No cellular data

odyssey96odyssey96 Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
Hello

My phone has not been able to connect to any cellular data nor can I make any receive or make calls when I'm not on a wifi network for the last week. My phone displays the AT&T icon connection when it successfully boots up and connects, but when I turn on cellular data, that icon doesn't show up.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I also tried reinserting the sim card, but to no results. I also haven't made any changes to my phone settings recently.

My ICCID number : 354124070766845

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,101 admin
    odyssey96 said:

Hello

My phone has not been able to connect to any cellular data nor can I make any receive or make calls when I'm not on a wifi network for the last week. My phone displays the AT&T icon connection when it successfully boots up and connects, but when I turn on cellular data, that icon doesn't show up.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I also tried reinserting the sim card, but to no results. I also haven't made any changes to my phone settings recently.

My ICCID number : 354124070766845

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. The ICCID numbers provided above did not give any results. Can you please confirm the ICCID numbers printed on the SIM card so we can take a closer look at it? There should be 16 numbers.
  • odyssey96odyssey96 Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    There are more than 16 numbers on my card, but as printed : 8901170427

Also, can you deactivate a 2nd old sim kit that I had never used on my account? I accidentally reactivated it while trying to troubleshoot my current and only one.
    odyssey96 said:

Also, can you deactivate a 2nd old sim kit that I had never used on my account? I accidentally reactivated it while trying to troubleshoot my current and only one.

Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response. After reviewing your case today we verified that the device is Active and working properly. Are you still having issues with using your services? If so, we'll send you the necessary steps to properly reconfigure the device.

We have successfully cancelled the second SIM as well.
    CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response. After reviewing your case today we verified that the device is Active and working properly. Are you still having issues with using your services? If so, we'll send you the necessary steps to properly reconfigure the device.

Thank you and nope, still no data connection. I have the Freedom diagnostic app installed and it said my device is in compatible so I can't dial a soft reset to reset my mobile connection. My phone is unlocked and haven't had any compatibility issues in the 2 plus years using Freedompop services until this problem cropped up 2 weeks ago. No system changes or updates were made at all during that time.
    odyssey96 said:

CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

Hi,

Thank you and nope, still no data connection. I have the Freedom diagnostic app installed and it said my device is in compatible so I can't dial a soft reset to reset my mobile connection. My phone is unlocked and haven't had any compatibility issues in the 2 plus years using Freedompop services until this problem cropped up 2 weeks ago. No system changes or updates were made at all during that time.
    Hi,

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

Hi,

Hi,

After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    Resetting my APN to to Freedompop rather than AT&T finally fixed it. I have data connection now.

However, I now get constant nagging notifications whenever I open or the close the **** messaging app for the visual voicemail trial. Is there a way to disable this without enabling this service?
    odyssey96 said:

CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

CarlosG said:

odyssey96 said:

Hi,

Hi,

4) Set APN

Resetting my APN to to Freedompop rather than AT&T finally fixed it. I have data connection now.

However, I now get constant nagging notifications whenever I open or the close the **** messaging app for the visual voicemail trial. Is there a way to disable this without enabling this service?
    Hi,

We have been informed that we have been having some issues with the newer versions of the app which is why they advise to try out different versions to find one that will work well for your device. Please click on this link to get access to more online-available versions and let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

That did the trick. I had to install the October 1, 2018 build that finally stopped the constant notification. Will I get a update notifice with this version when you release a new one or do I have to manually check the Google Play store for it?

Anyway thanks for your time and help. Please consider my case closed.
    Update

Apparently, It didn't solve the voicemail popup notification problem at all. Today, it started up again. Even after uninstalling all the newer versions, the problem has started to affect the older build as well. The only way to deactivate it is enable voicemail trial and then deactivate the service. I did it once, can I do it again even though i had already used the free trial?
    odyssey96 said:

Update

Apparently, It didn't solve the voicemail popup notification problem at all. Today, it started up again. Even after uninstalling all the newer versions, the problem has started to affect the older build as well. The only way to deactivate it is enable voicemail trial and then deactivate the service. I did it once, can I do it again even though i had already used the free trial?

Yes, please do so and send us a screenshot of the result so we can assist you further.