**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Netgear Mingle 'no battery', MSL code or other options?

jaydenfpvanjaydenfpvan Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Netgear Mingle hotspot that was purchased from FreedomPop a couple years ago. A month ago it's stopped recognizing it's battery and won't charge it. I was hoping to get the MSL code to try a factory reset on it.

If the reset doesn't work, is it possible to take the SIM card out of the hotspot, cut it to size, and stick it into an old unlocked phone and use the phone as a hotspot instead?

The Sprint part is SIMGLT207R
SIM iccid is 89011200000514199461

Device ESN Dec is 089 700 070 900 337 672
ESN hex is 357 725 050 527 08
Mac id 08BD434E23EC
Fsn FS403507670410

Comments

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 485FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited May 10 #2

I have a Netgear Mingle hotspot that was purchased from FreedomPop a couple years ago. A month ago it's stopped recognizing it's battery and won't charge it. I was hoping to get the MSL code to try a factory reset on it.

If the reset doesn't work, is it possible to take the SIM card out of the hotspot, cut it to size, and stick it into an old unlocked phone and use the phone as a hotspot instead?

The Sprint part is SIMGLT207R
    SIM iccid is 89011200000514199461

Device ESN Dec is 089 700 070 900 337 672
    ESN hex is 357 725 050 527 08
    Mac id 08BD434E23EC
    Fsn FS403507670410

Hello jaydenfpvan!

Thanks for reaching out. We'll be glad to assist you with your current concern. Upon account review, we confirmed your Netgear Mingle hotspot was dormant due to non-usage. In any particular month, your account reflects less than 5mb of data usage the account will become dormant. We've reactivated your account. Please make sure to power cycle your device.

Should you continue to experience problems with your device recognizing the battery and if it's no longer charging, we'd recommend you to try the steps provided here. However, should you continue to experience the same problems, we'd recommend you to proceed with a master reset. Your MSL code is 830250. You may find instructions on how to proceed, here.

Please keep in mind your device is CDMA Sprint locked. Therefore, the SIM card that came with it is specifically compatible with your device's model. We'd be unable to guarantee the SIM will work fine on another GSM unlocked device.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,235FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17 #3
    @jaydenfpvan - Sprint SIMs rarely work in other devices. Moving one, takes an act of congress. In my words: first it must be 'divorced' from the Mingle in the Sprint master database, then FreedomPop must perform activation of other device and 'marry' up the un-married SIM with that. Not an effort to do just for temporary reasons.

Models that this Sprint SIM is listed to operate with:
    Micro SIMGLT207R HTC 8XT, HTC Desire 510, HTC Desire 601, Kyocera Hydro Vibe, Kyocera Torque, LG F7, LG Optimus F3, LG Volt, Netgear 341U, Netgear Mingle, Novatel MiFi 500 LTE, Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0", ZTE Max, ZTE Supreme, ZTE Vital, ZTE Warp 4G

I think the Mingle might work with NO battery at all attached. You would need the charger attached. Turn it on and see if it boots up with battery removed. If this method works, then your old battery is bad. Find a model number printed on your battery and search in eBay for it. Find ones on eBay with IDENTICAL text as you see on yours. Do NOT buy any Chines nok offs. Just get one identical to the one you have and it should work fine. Be sure it is never used battery. It may be 2-4 years old from mfg. date, but that is ok. They are not making that battery any more, so only 2-4 year old batteries can be found. A 4 year old unused battery may have only 95% of the original capacity, which isn't too shabby. The Chinese nok offs might be as good as 30% of that same original capacity.

Because AngieP has reset things from dormant, your account should be good to go and work. Some hot spots brands work with NO battery attached. Others will not.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs