**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

data/messaging not working on byod phone.

aznjujube25aznjujube25 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
i successfully completed a phone swap with a byod samsung note 4. i installed the freedompop messaging app and synced my account. on wifi i can't seem to use texting at all. i tried to text someone and i keep getting this message - "we do not support international sms at this time. coming soon..." my data also seems to be not working. i put it to lte/cdma but i see 3g in my homescreen. do i set it to cdma or gsm? what do i do?

Answers

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 414FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited May 10 #2

i successfully completed a phone swap with a byod samsung note 4. i installed the freedompop messaging app and synced my account. on wifi i can't seem to use texting at all. i tried to text someone and i keep getting this message - "we do not support international sms at this time. coming soon..." my data also seems to be not working. i put it to lte/cdma but i see 3g in my homescreen. do i set it to cdma or gsm? what do i do?

Hey aznjujube25!

Thanks for reaching out. We'll be glad to assist you with your current concern. Please confirm the MEID number of your Samsung Note 4 and let us know if you're actually trying to send text messages to international phone numbers or local numbers. Additionally, please be sure to confirm the ICCID number of the SIM card that's inside of your device.
  • aznjujube25aznjujube25 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    i am definitely not trying to send international texts. i just tried to send a text and it seems to be working but my data is not working all the time. whenever i turn off wifi or not near it, it says 3g or not working at all. or when i'm outside and connect to a wifi not at home it signs me off all the time. i set it to lte/cdma. is that right? the imei is 256691544907356416 and iccid is 990002084164787.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @aznjujube25 - Your description sounds like a weak cellular signal. More on that in a bit. LTE/CDMA is good. A longer string with several "/" in it may be better if it has both LTE and CDMA in it. (and NO GSM). An admin here can check your account from those numbers and verify more info. I take it your phone is a BYOD Sprint phone. (not purchased from FreedomPop)

Now back to how to check for a weak signal. Call a Sprint store and ask for 1 or 2 tower locations that they use for their network near you. Drive / walk to within 500 feet of the tower. Park in legal safe place. Face the tower with your phone with WiFi OFF and Mobile Data ON. Try calling. Observe the notifications and bar at top to say LTE or 4G. This close you should have a very strong signal for all bands including the data bands. Calling and texting should work well at this distance.

If that worked out well, try again half way home. Face the direction where tower should be (even if trees, buildings, or hill in way) and try calling again. If that works, too then home seems to not have a strong enough Sprint signal for FreedomPop service to operate.

If NONE of these locations are working good enough, then something needs either adjusting with your phone or with your account on their servers. I can help you with the phone's settings, but if on servers then need to defer to the admins here.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • aznjujube25aznjujube25 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    i still see 3g whenever i'm on data. maybe it's my phone. how do i adjust that first? if that doesn't work, it could be their servers. i want to try my phone first.