I was charged 10 times from what was the promotion offer, please review and issue a refund

aihostaihost Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Dear Sales and Support,
I was activating one of the SIM cards I got. During the activation process, you gave me a special offer for "Netgear Unite Mobile Hotspot" for $4.99 so I took it, to realize today I was charged $44.97, I did not sign up for that. The device has not been shipped yet, please cancel this order and issue a refund of ($44.97). the device is listed under the same email address I have here for the forum.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Best Regards,
Thaer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,272 admin
    aihost said:

Dear Sales and Support,
    I was activating one of the SIM cards I got. During the activation process, you gave me a special offer for "Netgear Unite Mobile Hotspot" for $4.99 so I took it, to realize today I was charged $44.97, I did not sign up for that. The device has not been shipped yet, please cancel this order and issue a refund of ($44.97). the device is listed under the same email address I have here for the forum.
    Best Regards,
    Thaer

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. After reviewing your account we noticed that another agent from our emails team has already assisted you and provided you with instructions to refuse the device once it's shipped and delivered. However, we would like to give you an alternate solution.

The $44.97 can be divided into three separate fees:

Netgear Unite Mobile Hotspot 0.00
    Premium GSM 3GB $29.99
    FreedomPop Premier $9.99
    Account Setup Fee $4.99

As you can see, the device was given for Free because of the promotion you chose. The $4.99 is the fee you mentioned initially and was made correctly however the other two were charged for the upgraded plan and services chosen at the moment of placing the order.

We can either cancel the order completely and process a full refund or we can leave the order as is and refund the extra $29.99 and $9.99 charged so you can still receive the order and get the promotion you wanted initially.

Let us know and we'll gladly assist you further.
  • aihostaihost Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you so much for getting back to me, your alternative solution is what I thought I was getting initially.
    If you can please cancel the:
    Premium GSM 3GB $29.99 &
    FreedomPop Premier $9.99
    And just have me on the free basic plan.
    A refund of the extra $29.99 and $9.99 will be appreciated. Once that done, I will be more than happy to keep the account active and accept & use the device.
    Thank you again.
    Thaer
    aihost said:

Thank you so much for getting back to me, your alternative solution is what I thought I was getting initially.
    If you can please cancel the:
    Premium GSM 3GB $29.99 &
    FreedomPop Premier $9.99
    And just have me on the free basic plan.
    A refund of the extra $29.99 and $9.99 will be appreciated. Once that done, I will be more than happy to keep the account active and accept & use the device.
    Thank you again.
    Thaer

Hi,

When it comes to downgrading an account, it's up to the customer to do this by following the steps on this page. Unfortunately, even if the account is downgraded to the Free plan, the $29.99 fee will not be refunded because of the 3GB that have already been added to the account.

We have successfully removed the Premier service as well however this service has already been added to the account and even if removed, it will remain active until the billing cycle renews.
  • aihostaihost Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    CarlosG said:

aihost said:

Dear Sales and Support,
    Best Regards,
    Thaer

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. After reviewing your account we noticed that another agent from our emails team has already assisted you and provided you with instructions to refuse the device once it's shipped and delivered. However, we would like to give you an alternate solution.

Premium GSM 3GB $29.99
    FreedomPop Premier $9.99
    Account Setup Fee $4.99

As you can see, the device was given for Free because of the promotion you chose. The $4.99 is the fee you mentioned initially and was made correctly however the other two were charged for the upgraded plan and services chosen at the moment of placing the order.

We can either cancel the order completely and process a full refund or we can leave the order as is and refund the extra $29.99 and $9.99 charged so you can still receive the order and get the promotion you wanted initially.

Hi Carlos,
    I went ahead and downgraded the service to the free plan as you suggested above, please issue the refund of "$29.99 + $9.99 " as you stated above, also, can you please let me know when the item is going to be shipped?
    Thank you,
    Thaer
    aihost said:

CarlosG said:

aihost said:

Dear Sales and Support,
    Best Regards,
    Thaer

Hello,

Premium GSM 3GB $29.99
    FreedomPop Premier $9.99
    Account Setup Fee $4.99

Hi Carlos,
    I went ahead and downgraded the service to the free plan as you suggested above, please issue the refund of "$29.99 + $9.99 " as you stated above, also, can you please let me know when the item is going to be shipped?
    Thank you,
    Thaer
    I apologize for the delay. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.