**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

old phone is broken and i need to activate my new phone

mahkennymahkenny Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
my old one is broken and I bought a new one. I used to be able to email support and get it activated. seems like that isn't available anymore. I need help on this asap. my 80 year old mother can't leave home without her phone in case she needs to make a phone call

Answers

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 504FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited May 17 #2
    mahkenny said:

my old one is broken and I bought a new one. I used to be able to email support and get it activated. seems like that isn't available anymore. I need help on this asap. my 80 year old mother can't leave home without her phone in case she needs to make a phone call

Hey mahkenny!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To be able to submit a support ticket, value-added service Premium VIP Support, must be active on your account. However, we'll be glad to assist you via this message. It is our understanding you need to replace your old phone with the one you've just bought. Please provide us with the MEID and ICCID number of the devices in question. Be sure to verify the last four digits of the phone number associated with the account where you'd like to activate the new device, as well.
  • mahkennymahkenny Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 4 #3
    AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. To be able to submit a support ticket, value-added service Premium VIP Support, must be active on your account. However, we'll be glad to assist you via this message. It is our understanding you need to replace your old phone with the one you've just bought. Please provide us with the MEID and ICCID number of the devices in question. Be sure to verify the last four digits of the phone number associated with the account where you'd like to activate the new device, as well.
    imei: 355602075175525
    iccid: 89011201000516583943
    last 4: 5716
    email associated is: [email protected]

imei: 355602075114516
    iccid: 89011201000569025008
    last 4: 5504
    email associated is:shaq323436XXXXXXXXXXX

I bought 2 new phones for each of the accounts because both are now unusable. Please have them activated by today so that I can set them up on the new phones and they can take it with them on their vacation.
    Post edited by AngieP on
    any updates on this?
    edited June 4 #5
    mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

email associated is: shaq323436XXXXXXXXXXX

I bought 2 new phones for each of the accounts because both are now unusable. Please have them activated by today so that I can set them up on the new phones and they can take it with them on their vacation.
    mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

Hello mahkenny! We're truly sorry for the delayed response and apologize for the inconveniences this situation may have caused on your end. In regards to your swap request, it'll be necessary that you provide us with the MEID of the new devices as well, so we're able to look into your request.

We'll be looking forward to your reply to continue assisting you.
    Post edited by AngieP on
    AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

email associated is: [email protected].com

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

Hello mahkenny! We're truly sorry for the delayed response and apologize for the inconveniences this situation may have caused on your end. In regards to your swap request, it'll be necessary that you provide us with the MEID of the new devices as well, so we're able to look into your request.

These are the info I found on the new phones and included in the message before. How do I find it on the phone? What menu do I need to go through to find it. I have the LG G5 for both new devices I am looking to swap over.

new imei: 355602075175525
    new iccid: 89011201000516583943

new imei: 355602075114516
    new iccid: 89011201000569025008

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

These are the info I found on the new phones and included in the message before. How do I find it on the phone? What menu do I need to go through to find it. I have the LG G5 for both new devices I am looking to swap over.

We apologize for the confusion. It is our understanding you wish to replace the Samsung Galaxy Prevail under the [email protected] account, with your new LG device, IMEI 355602075175525. For account [email protected], you wish to replace your other Samsung Galaxy Prevail, MEID 256691519200103288, with your LG smartphone, IMEI 355602075114516.

To be able to replace the old devices, the news must be active on FreedomPop first. In this case, you will need to activate the LG smartphones through our BYOD funnel: https://www.freedompop.com/byod

Please be advised that for a successful BYOD activation the new devices must meet the requirements provided here. Once the new devices have been activated, please be sure to contact us back so we're able to assign them to your existing account.
    AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

We apologize for the confusion. It is our understanding you wish to replace the Samsung Galaxy Prevail under the [email protected] account, with your new LG device, IMEI 355602075175525. For account [email protected], you wish to replace your other Samsung Galaxy Prevail, MEID 256691519200103288, with your LG smartphone, IMEI 355602075114516.

To be able to replace the old devices, the news must be active on FreedomPop first. In this case, you will need to activate the LG smartphones through our BYOD funnel: https://www.freedompop.com/byod

Please be advised that for a successful BYOD activation the new devices must meet the requirements provided here. Once the new devices have been activated, please be sure to contact us back so we're able to assign them to your existing account.
    i am still confused as to why I need to activate the phone. I already have an account. it's asking me to add service to this new phone which I don't want to do. I just want to replace the defective and broken phone already working on this account.

this request have been taking over a month and I just phone a phone I can't use and a new one just sitting there.
    mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

i am still confused as to why I need to activate the phone. I already have an account. it's asking me to add service to this new phone which I don't want to do. I just want to replace the defective and broken phone already working on this account.

this request have been taking over a month and I just phone a phone I can't use and a new one just sitting there.
    I already have a sim card working on the old phone. Can I just swap it to the new phone and it works?
    mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

mahkenny said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

I already have a sim card working on the old phone. Can I just swap it to the new phone and it works?
    Hey there, to be able to replace an existing device, the new device must be active on FreedomPop. In your specific case, the new devices are not active on FreedomPop, which is why you'll need to activate them through our BYOD funnel first, on a temporary account. Once the devices are active, we'll be able to proceed with the device swap. Please note, transferring the SIM card from the old devices to the new ones, won't automatically transfer the service as the actual device must be activated on our system.
    AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

mahkenny said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

AngieP said:

mahkenny said:

Hey mahkenny!

mahkenny said:

any updates on this?

Hey there, to be able to replace an existing device, the new device must be active on FreedomPop. In your specific case, the new devices are not active on FreedomPop, which is why you'll need to activate them through our BYOD funnel first, on a temporary account. Once the devices are active, we'll be able to proceed with the device swap. Please note, transferring the SIM card from the old devices to the new ones, won't automatically transfer the service as the actual device must be activated on our system.
    updates!