**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

question about a Sprint BYOD

barnabusbarnabus Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
I'm having trouble setting up a Sprint Galaxy J3 Achieve I'm bringing over to Freedompop. I tried to activate it with a Freedompop sim from Target, but that doesn't seem to be working right. It requires me to login manually when I turn on the phone.

I want to give this to my son for his Bday, but I also want it associated under my umbrella of accounts. The sim is already listed in my account (the 6009 phone number) I would like to use this number for the phone.

I can give the IMED and such through pm.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @barnabus - If your J3 supports both Sprint AND GSM then this may be made to work. Many Sprint phones ONLY work on the Sprint network and not on any others. The FreedomPop SIM needs a GSM phone that can access the AT&T network.

If the J3 is only for Sprint then you would need a Sprint SIM to get it to work. I can look up later what Sprint part number you need for the J3.
    Post more info on what you have and would like to do. I'll see where to head from there.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs