What is vip service for?

gm4363gm4363 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I thought it gave you access to tech help. 2 months without phone service & still can't find help. What am I paying for?

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    gm4363 said:

I thought it gave you access to tech help. 2 months without phone service & still can't find help. What am I paying for?

Hello, @gm4363. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. Please confirm if the email address on your profile is the same email address associated with your FreedomPop account as well as the last four digits of your phone number so we can take a closer look at it.
  • gm4363gm4363 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    The lack of an answer is no surprise.
    gm4363 said:

The lack of an answer is no surprise.

Hello, @gm4363. Thanks for getting back to us. We have escalated your request to our support team, we will contact you back as soon as we get an update. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.
  • gm4363gm4363 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, I am now 2 months without phone service. If you can't help with that, what can you help with? Maybe you can tell me what VIP Service is. I'm paying for that, and still 2 months without being able to use the phone.
    gm4363 said:

Well, I am now 2 months without phone service. If you can't help with that, what can you help with? Maybe you can tell me what VIP Service is. I'm paying for that, and still 2 months without being able to use the phone.

Hello, @gm4363. After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly which indicates an issue with the device's configuration. Please follow these steps to properly reset your phone:

1) Make sure you have WiFi or data enabled. Please ensure that airplane mode is disabled and you have a network connection.

2) Perform a Carrier Reset. This performs a software reset, and will automatically perform a profile update to your device. Please allow a few minutes for the reset to complete.

A carrier reset is recommended if you are experiencing issues with calling, texting, or receiving a data connection. In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL) 247473.
    3) Profile Update. From the home screen, tap Phone. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call. Tap OK. The handset will search for profile updates and install them.Tap OK.The profile is now updated.

Reset Network Setting:

(After updating the phone’s profile, proceed to have them reset the network setting): From the home screen,
    Tap Settings
    General
    Reset
    Reset Network Setting.

4) Sync Account Data. To do this it's necessary to sign out and back into the app.

Our support team has let us know that your VIP service should be working now, please go ahead and submit a ticket and let us know if the issue persists.