**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No SIM card issue with Sprint Network

Jason_SmithJason_Smith Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Every time when I reboot the phone (Moto X Pure) (BYOD), network (through Sprint SIM) works for about 5 minutes. Then it disconnects from the cellular network and shows "No SIM Card". The only way to bring the network back is to reboot the phone. However, the network just stays for ~5 minutes. I tested the phone with another GSM SIM card and it works well. It happened a couple of months ago and solved by your side. I tried to update PRL and the issue not solved.

The last 4 digits of my phone number: 8588. Thanks!

Comments

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 416 admin

Every time when I reboot the phone (Moto X Pure) (BYOD), network (through Sprint SIM) works for about 5 minutes. Then it disconnects from the cellular network and shows "No SIM Card". The only way to bring the network back is to reboot the phone. However, the network just stays for ~5 minutes. I tested the phone with another GSM SIM card and it works well. It happened a couple of months ago and solved by your side. I tried to update PRL and the issue not solved.

Hello, @Jason_Smith. We apologize for the delayed reply. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. Please provide the MEID number of your device as well as the ICCID number printed on your SIM card so we can take a closer look at it.
  • Jason_SmithJason_Smith Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 28 #3
    MEID: 35819507087007
    (xxx) xxx-8588
    Sprint SIM 506C
    ICCID: 89011201002232197263

Thank you very much!
  • ROBERT DRAHEIM-jrROBERT DRAHEIM-jr Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    I have purchased a new used phone that was on the Sprint network. I would like to use it for a replacement of older Freedompop Samsung S3 that is currently active. Basically use the newer phone with the current Freedompop Samsung S3 plan and phone number if possible.

My Informaion:
    Email of Freedompop account: [email protected]
    Current active Samsung S3 phone last 4 numbers of phone number: 6878
    Newly bought phone Samsung S7. IMEI # 353562083703142 /01 MEID # 35356208370314.....no Sim Card.

Also could it be as easy as removing the SIM card of my Freedompop Samung S3 into the newer used phone.

Thank you for your help.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ROBERT DRAHEIM-jr - No it is not that easy. Most Sprint SIMs rarely work two of the phones that one has, so moving the SIM will not work.
    In the rare case where you do have two models that are both supported by the same part number of Sprint SIM, you would first need to 'divorce' the ICCID from the MEID of the first phone in the Sprint database. Then 'marry' up the ICCID of the SIM with the new phone's MEID in the Sprint database.

The normal way for FreedomPop is to have customer create a 2nd account via BYOD for the 'new' Sprint phone and the ICCID of the SIM made for that phone model. If there was a SIM in that 'used' phone, I can verify if that is the proper SIM needed. (It should be if no one switched it). If the previous account was properly canceled and released to be used with other Sprint based companies then all should go OK for getting it active.

I noticed you mentioned the brand and model of the 'new' phone that came without a SIM. Samsung Galaxy S7
    This is the Sprint SIM part number needed for that model of phone. --> SIMOLW416C

Google that number for online sources. Doesn't matter if there are other brands printed on that SIM. Like Virgin, Boost, Net10, etc. If it is that number, it is the right Sprint SIM that will work.

It can also be found in SOME of the Best Buys:
    +++++++++++++Best Buy info
    LTE SIMs aren't available at all Best Buys. Sprint SIMs are NOT displayed on the shelves with the other SIMs, they are locked away at the mobile service desk. It is best to tell them what model number you need. Cost is usually $9.99. Regardless of what they say it is, just ask them to scan the SIM for the price. Price was quoted in 2016, so might be different.

+++++++++++After you have the Sprint 4G/LTE SIM----------------
    Once you have a valid phone and SIM, you can register here:
    www.freedompop.com/byod
    You will need a different email address for each phone. Enter the phones MEID and the SIM's ICCID
    You might want to wait for and admin's response here before activating the 'new' phone. They should reply Mon or Tues when they return to work. Just having things in hand when they respond, can help speed up the helping they do for you.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Jason_SmithJason_Smith Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    EuniceL said:

Hello, @Jason_Smith. We apologize for the delayed reply. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. Please provide the MEID number of your device as well as the ICCID number printed on your SIM card so we can take a closer look at it.
    Hi, would you please take a look at my case? It's been more than 2 weeks without signal at all. Thanks!

EuniceL said:

Hi, would you please take a look at my case? It's been more than 2 weeks without signal at all. Thanks!
    Hello, @Jason_Smith. We are sorry about the delayed reply. After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly.

We recommend to remove the SIM card, carefully (with SIM removal tool), and clean the contacts with alcohol. Preferably, denatured alcohol. Or, you can spray a Q-tip type cotton swab with electrical cleaner and clean the contacts that way. Then, carefully re-insert the SIM, without touching the contacts. If these steps don't work you could try a factory reset to your phone (make sure a back up is made before since erased data cannot be retreived).

Lastly, if these steps don't work we recommend getting another compatible SIM card or since your X pure phone is a BYOD device, to take it to a technician since it seems to be a hardware issue.

Let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly continue assisting you.

I have purchased a new used phone that was on the Sprint network. I would like to use it for a replacement of older Freedompop Samsung S3 that is currently active. Basically use the newer phone with the current Freedompop Samsung S3 plan and phone number if possible.

My Informaion:
    Email of Freedompop account: [email protected]
    Current active Samsung S3 phone last 4 numbers of phone number: 6878
    Newly bought phone Samsung S7. IMEI # 353562083703142 /01 MEID # 35356208370314.....no Sim Card.

Also could it be as easy as removing the SIM card of my Freedompop Samung S3 into the newer used phone.

Thank you for your help.

Hello, @ROBERT DRAHEIM-jr. We are sorry about our delayed reply. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.