Billed for $12.42 a month but for what?

Heather blumHeather blum Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
I just got my sim card set up in my phone and downgraded to the free plan, but now it says I will have a monthly recurring charge of $12.42. What is this charge for? I have no active services or plans according to my account.

Answers

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 518FreedomPop Newbie admin

I just got my sim card set up in my phone and downgraded to the free plan, but now it says I will have a monthly recurring charge of $12.42. What is this charge for? I have no active services or plans according to my account.

Hey Heather blum!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We've checked the account associated with phone number XXX-XXX-9320 and as of now, we're unable to see an upcoming change in the amount of $12.42. Could you please be so kind as to confirm if see the same on your end? If so, please provide us with the ICCID number of the SIM card in question.
  • Heather blumHeather blum Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Oddly it changed to $4.94 the day before billing, which was for state and federal taxes.
  • AngiePAngieP Posts: 518FreedomPop Newbie admin

Oddly it changed to $4.94 the day before billing, which was for state and federal taxes.

We apologize for the delay, Heather. We're able to confirm you were only charged $4.94 on 05/29/19 for a Regulatory & Recovery Fee. We have implemented these fees to ensure we are in accordance with government compliance. These fees are defrayed costs of various federal, state, and local regulatory programs. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and is determined by the city/state. For clear visibility, we provide a breakdown of each cost in your billing summary.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review the “Taxes and Surcharges” section of our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms provided here.

Should there be anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to reply to this message and we'll be happy to help you.