**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

"Activation Step Required" suddenly on years-old SIM?!

Hi! - This is a straight copy-paste from the support-ticket I wrote, only to get told *afterwards* that I can't write one because I'm not paying for it. So apologies for the laziness, but here it is:

Hi there!

Since my FreedomPop Messaging App updated not too long ago, it refuses to function. Upon startup in wants to set up the SIM-card, but then spits out the error message:

"Activation Step Required"
"Contact customer support to activate"

Yet when I log into my account here on the website, everything tells me I am ready to go and all set, as I have been for years. I am overseas currently which is why I haven't looked into the matter right away, but this issue has been present for at least a month if not two. Yet you keep billing me every month. I am aware I can't use the SIM card roaming here, but I can use it through WiFi to call people and text, like I've always done when I was out of the country.

So whatever step on your side is required to resume normal function after years of use, please fix it in a timely manner or I'll have to eventually terminate my contract and request a refund for the last 2 or so month that I was completely unable to use your service.

Regards
Thomas

Comments

• Thomas EndesfelderThomas Endesfelder Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Would be great if anyone on staff would at least pretend to care? And if you're waiting for me to post my phone number here, keep waiting, that's what I'd have put in the support ticket that you won't let me create.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,155 admin

Would be great if anyone on staff would at least pretend to care? And if you're waiting for me to post my phone number here, keep waiting, that's what I'd have put in the support ticket that you won't let me create.

Hello Thomas,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Does your device continue with the error message? Please confirm the last four digits of your device's phone number so we can take a closer look at it.
    Hi Carlos!

Yes, the error is still there and the status unchanged. My phone number ends in -0088 and the name matches my user here. I'll gladly provide any other numbers and information that are required.

Regards
    Thomas

Hi Carlos!

Yes, the error is still there and the status unchanged. My phone number ends in -0088 and the name matches my user here. I'll gladly provide any other numbers and information that are required.

Regards
    Thomas

Hi,

Your account appears to be Active. Can you confirm if you're still having issues with using your device?
    Just tried it again, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app, same status. It starts up, says its "Locating user for device", and then prompts the message seen above.

Just tried it again, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app, same status. It starts up, says its "Locating user for device", and then prompts the message seen above.

Hi,

Are you still having issues with using your device?
    CarlosG said:

Hi,

Yes. Still absolutely no change to the status. Stil not working.

CarlosG said:

Hi,

Yes. Still absolutely no change to the status. Stil not working.
    Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response. After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    Thank you! That update to my account did the trick finally! It is back to working and I can finally send texts back home or call!

Regards
    Thomas

Thank you! That update to my account did the trick finally! It is back to working and I can finally send texts back home or call!

Regards
    Thomas

We're glad to hear that your services are working properly now. Have a great week Thomas!
This discussion has been closed.