**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD iPhone 5 not activating

hobbes088hobbes088 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I am trying to get a BYOD iPhone 5 connected. I went through the MEID and ICCID check on the website without problem and paid the $20 activation fee, but the phone still does not activate and still cannot get a data connection. The nano sim I got was brand new from the Apple Store and is part SIMGLW406R. I have tried everything ever listed, including reseting the whole phone multiple times, ##UPDATE# over and over, ##CLEAR# over and over. Keeps getting error about phone not activating and no data connection.

I had a support ticket to have this looked at. I received an e-mail today titled "Resolution to Dev Escalation" that says my issue has been resolved, but, when I try the phone again, it seems nothing has changed. Since receiving that e-mail, I've tried the usual, reboot, ##UPDATE#, ##CLEAR#, factory restore - and still nothing.

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    You updated the FreedomPop apps also?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I have your MEID?
  • hobbes088hobbes088 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, the app is the latest from the AppStore. The problem is I keep getting:
    "iPhone is not activated. Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur" and "Could not activate cellular data network" whenever I am off wifi.
    I need your MEID please
  • hobbes088hobbes088 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
  • Ivan TurilinIvan Turilin Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello
    I have the same situation for two month. I twice called support and they told me that there is some problem and developers working on it. They promised me contact me two times and never even send an email. I am not in the hurry, because I have another emergency phone and all my phone calls is via Google hangouts when I have wifi.
    Would be nice if you could help me.

My MEID: 99000229911680

Thank you
    @hobbes088‌ You brought over a Verizon iPhone 5 which isn't supported, deactivate that account you have and get a refund for the activation fee ;)
    Your phone is GSM unlocked so u can take it to a GSM carrier or sell it and buy a Sprint iPhone 5 with money left over

@Ivan Turilin ‌ You need an account refresh. @Jorge__M please assist him :)

When done Ivan, update your PRL.