There must be something with the data consumption

Zhiyang ZhangZhiyang Zhang Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie

I don't use this much data like shown in the actual usage, several 2MB in one minute? There must be something wrong, please help me to check.
Thank you.
Jerry

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,254 admin

I don't use this much data like shown in the actual usage, several 2MB in one minute? There must be something wrong, please help me to check.
    Thank you.
    Jerry

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. To fight back a recent issue related to overages with AT&T sim cards, date deductions will show in your log as 2 MB chunks instead of the full data use during a session. For example, if you used 30 MB you will see fifteen 2 MB deductions instead of only one 30 MB log. This should not affect your data usage in any way as it is only the way it is recorded that has changed.

We've carefully checked your account and so far, we've been unable to find any technical problems that might be causing incorrect data usage reports. It's necessary that you keep in mind that we base our data usage reports on what is tracked by our system, not what is tracked by the device itself, as it may vary from device to device. Please note data usage can't be altered as the usage being reported comes from your device connecting to the nearest tower.

In this case, the app on your phone will reflect the overall usage of the service, including data used for calling and texting which will not count against your usage. In this case, we'd strongly recommend you to check the usage reflected on your account as it is the one considered accurate.

Please be sure to disable cellular data when connected to WiFi as well as even if your phone is connected to WiFi, it is possible for it to use data from your base plan, if cellular data is on, so the connection becomes stronger. If your WiFi signal is too week or drops, your device will switch automatically over to the network. Apps running in the background or automatic app update feature may also be caused for data to be used without your knowledge.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
  • FDP2016FDP2016 Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    His data record shows that all 2MB chunks were at the same time. You break down the whole 30MB chunk of data to 2MB chuck in the usage record. However, can you explain what happened to my account in the attached image, which shows 2MB data usage each time at a different time? Do you charge 2MB even I just use 100kb each time?

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FDP2016 - yea they report every 2 MB of usage and a date time stamp. So if you use 100 KB Then log off then you just see 100kb as single entry. Usually on mine the last one is some odd fraction of 2 MB. If you are watching a video then there might be more than one reported in the same minute. More likely with HD movies. Maybe 20 sec apart but seconds don't show on the report.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs