New 12 month prepaid service, not able to call getting error code: 502

lb123lb123 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I have just activated a 12 month prepaid sim card. When I tap the sync (half circle at the right top), I am getting an error "Please re-sync account data or log out and back in" code: 502. I have tried many times logging out. Also, when I open the app, I do not see the number keyboard and call setting option is disabled. Can you please help?

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lb123 - while waiting for an admin to reply for assistance, you could UNinstall and re-install the messaging app. I searched the internet for 502 & freedompop and only found this post on the forum. If you get results on the re-install, post results here if an admin hasn't posted yet. This info may be helpful for them also.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • lb123lb123 Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you Rich, I have uninstall and re-install the messaging app many times. One additional information -- this phone that I am using had another freedom pop sim earlier that I have canceled now. Basically I am using the same phone but new sim card. Also, I just noticed that in the app I only have two icon in the bottom "My Account" and "Text". And when I tap Text and try to use it a popup window comes with message saying "Native SMS Experience". I thought we need to use phone and text from the fredompop app only and native sms is not supported. I desperately need some help to start using this service.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7 #4
    @lb123 - we might be mixing apples and oranges.
    There are two kinds of services.
    1. Sprint network - FreedomPop sells phones that access this.
    2. AT&T network - FreedomPop sells LTE SIM to access this network.

If you have a Sprint phone, the AT&T GSM LTE SIM will not function in that phone.
    If the "Old" SIM card was also an LTE SIM, then all should be good as there is no sprint involved in either old or new.
    Thanks Rich, Just to clarify, I have a GSM phone. I am on AT&T network. In my last freedompop service, I had AT&T GSM LTE sim in the same phone also.

Now, since my last post here, I have been searching the web for some answers and got some information. I have not received any Freedompop support yet. Everybody talked about bad customer service and I can see what they really meant now. It is very disappointing for a paid service.

However, I want to update some more information/observation --
    a) I am still getting code 502 when try to refresh
    b) I do not have dialer keypad freedom pop app, but one interesting point -- I am able to receive call. And after I receive the call I can go to the native phone app and tap the same number from the recent call list then phone is going through.
    c) I can send text through iMessage (to iphone users) only but from the app there is no option to send text message.

Do you know how many days it will take for admin to look at this? It is now 4 days.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    lb123 said:

Thanks Rich, Just to clarify, I have a GSM phone. I am on AT&T network. In my last freedompop service, I had AT&T GSM LTE sim in the same phone also.

Now, since my last post here, I have been searching the web for some answers and got some information. I have not received any Freedompop support yet. Everybody talked about bad customer service and I can see what they really meant now. It is very disappointing for a paid service.

However, I want to update some more information/observation --
    a) I am still getting code 502 when try to refresh
    b) I do not have dialer keypad freedom pop app, but one interesting point -- I am able to receive call. And after I receive the call I can go to the native phone app and tap the same number from the recent call list then phone is going through.
    c) I can send text through iMessage (to iphone users) only but from the app there is no option to send text message.

Do you know how many days it will take for admin to look at this? It is now 4 days.

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed response. Our team will gladly help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible. After reviewing your account, we confirmed that everything is set up correctly and it shows usage as well. If you are still having problems with using your device properly we recommend you follow these steps to properly reset and reconfigure it and see if they help with the error message you are getting.

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
    Hello,
    Thanks for your response. I have done the steps that you have provided above but it did not resolve the issue. I have attached three screenshots for you to review.

Basically here is a summary of my issue --

a) I do not have dialer keypad in freedom pop app. I am able to receive calls. And after I receive the call I can go to the native phone app and tap the recently received call number from the list then I am able to call that number. But I can't make any call from the Freedom pop app because there is no dialer.

b) I am getting error code 502 whenever I log in to the app or refresh data.
    Also, I am using iPhone5 with the latest update.

Thanks for your help!

@lb123 - You said " I do not have dialer keypad in freedom pop app."
    Open the Messaging App - look at top on right. You should see a cluster of dots like the number keys of touch tone key pad. Click that to open the dialer. TGry dialing a number. How far did you get ? Any errors or missing things ?
    Hi Rich, I do not see any cluster of dots like the number keys at the top right. I have attached a screenshot.
    @lb123 - is your app called "FreedomPop Free Calling, Texting, & SMS app " This is a free calling app and it does NOT provide any Mobile Data. You must have either WiFi and / or another ISP for that.

If you are wanting to use the LTE SIM you purchased with LTE data, then uninstall the above app. Find in Google Play by searching FreedomPop and locate the Messaging App. Icon is speaking balloon with think white border and nice blue color in center. NO phone hand set. Install that.
    If browser is able to search when NO WiFi then Mobile Data is working. The new install should work after clicking the "Sync" or "Sync Account" button.
    I am using iPhone. In the Apple App Store I see only one Freedompop app related to Calling and Texting and that is what I have installed.
    Also, just for information, this is the same app that I have used for my last SIM (same phone) without any problem.

edited June 18 #12
    @lb123 - I'm looking at the last screen shot you posted. You do have the correct App installed. The ver showing in support doc matches version in your post.

At the very bottom are "My Account" and "Text". See link below to see if you can access other screens to show all FIVE options in the app. "My Account", "Recents", "Phone", "Text", and "VoiceMail"
    It could be the permissions are not exactly right enough for the options to display. Check their setup to see if you need to change anything.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3326#gsm
    I have gone through that link already some time back and checked all the permissions -- Enable Contacts, Microphone and Background App Refresh etc.,
    The last step in the document is app refresh ("In the top right corner, tap on the circle icon to refresh the application") and that is when I am getting this 502 error code.
    This has to be an error on the servers. Needs an admin intervention to get this fixed up correctly. @CarlosG or @EuniceL lb123 is using the iPhone app and when clicking the re-synce button in upper right, they get the 502 error mentioned.
    Also note that the App is only showing two of the 5 icons at the bottom. May be other issues that need fixing also.
  • YolandoYolando Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

@lb123 - I'm looking at the last screen shot you posted. You do have the correct App installed. The ver showing in support doc matches version in your post.

At the very bottom are "My Account" and "Text". See link below to see if you can access other screens to show all FIVE options in the app. "My Account", "Recents", "Phone", "Text", and "VoiceMail"
    It could be the permissions are not exactly right enough for the options to display. Check their setup to see if you need to change anything.
    https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3326#gsm

Rich, the app looked right before, now it has changed to this limited view.
  • YolandoYolando Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem with Iphone, GSM sprint phone, from a few days ago. Was working fine, but now stopped and I get the same error and screen. I am using WiFi to connect at the moment. I noticed that it is now sending me to the native app for texting, but calling does not seem to work from either app. The call settings tab iis not openable. When I try to call myself from another phone it says I am unavailable.
    @CarlosG , @EuniceL
    The App that Yolando is using appears to be abbreviated. The lower bar normally has FIVE options in the app. "My Account", "Recents", "Phone", "Text", and "VoiceMail".
    Hers has JUST two of them "My Account" and "Text"
    With "Recents", "Phone" and "VoiceMail" being missing.
    How can that be fixed so the full app layout plays ?
  • dkarasovdkarasov Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the exact same issue. I have an iPhone as well. I used to have a freedompop phone but got a new phone with a new sim card. They transferred my number to the new sim card and it worked for about a year and a half now until today.
    @dkarasov - In your app, do you see 5 items in bottom row of items ? If less than 5, which ones are showing ?
  • Su SuglxSu Suglx Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I only see 2 items
  • Su SuglxSu Suglx Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I have same issue.
    only see 2 items in my app.
  • rulamorulamo Posts: 5Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem as described above
  • FreshPrshFreshPrsh Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue as well. I think this is a FreedomPop issue.
  • lizzeylizzey Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I received an email at 3 am last night - see below - , and now I have no cell service or voicemail - literally these items have disappeared from the bottom Menu bar of the FP app. I get a error code 502 telling me to re-sync data, when I do re-sync I get the error code again. I have signed out/in several time, hard reset the iPhone.
    I would perform a profile update BUT I HAVE NO KEYPAD! (sorry, but Monday am without a phone is not good)

Anyone have any idea what the **** is going on?
    Thanks
    Liz

EMAIL from FP:
    "Your device is in the process of being migrated to a fully native experience with the same plan you have today. You will be able to use the native messaging app for text messages with the same number for better experience.
    Once the migration has completed, you may lose cellular connections temporarily. If so, please make sure you perform profile update by dialing this number based on your device:
    - For Android device: ##72786#
    - For iOS device (iPhone): ##873283##
    - For Google phones (Nexus/Pixel): *#*#72786#*#* "
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    edited July 8 #25
    Su Suglx said:

I have same issue.
    only see 2 items in my app.

rulamo said:

I have the same problem as described above

FreshPrsh said:

I am having the same issue as well. I think this is a FreedomPop issue.

lizzey said:

I received an email at 3 am last night - see below - , and now I have no cell service or voicemail - literally these items have disappeared from the bottom Menu bar of the FP app. I get a error code 502 telling me to re-sync data, when I do re-sync I get the error code again. I have signed out/in several time, hard reset the iPhone.
    I would perform a profile update BUT I HAVE NO KEYPAD! (sorry, but Monday am without a phone is not good)

Anyone have any idea what the **** is going on?
    Thanks
    Liz

EMAIL from FP:
    "Your device is in the process of being migrated to a fully native experience with the same plan you have today. You will be able to use the native messaging app for text messages with the same number for better experience.
    Once the migration has completed, you may lose cellular connections temporarily. If so, please make sure you perform profile update by dialing this number based on your device:
    - For Android device: ##72786#
    - For iOS device (iPhone): ##873283##
    - For Google phones (Nexus/Pixel): *#*#72786#*#* "

Hi,

After reviewing your accounts and escalating your cases further, we have been advised that your accounts are in good standing however they have asked us to advise you that the Fp app should no longer be downloaded and used on any of our devices. Instead, a simple carrier reset should be performed which will reset the device's network settings and allow it to connect properly.

In some cases, you will be asked for a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code.

If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

1.Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    2.Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    3.Enter # # 72786 #
    4.If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.
    5.Confirm the reset.
    6.Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.
    Post edited by CarlosG on
  • rulamorulamo Posts: 5Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I reset the factory settings of the phone now

However, when I dial: ##873283# (for an iPhone) and do the service reset and then try to use the dial pad to dial a phone number

I get a message that says "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please try the number or code again"

I am not really sure what to do next...