**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't receive calls to my FreedomPop cell phone

John J MondalJohn J Mondal Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
I can't receive incoming calls to my cell phone. I am able to make calls and send/receive text messages just fine. But when I call to my cell phone it never rings or shows incoming calls or nothing in log as missed or incoming calls.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
SIM Card: LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle
ESN: 89011704278313543151
Phone# 405-653-9502
Please hep fix this issue ASAP.
Thanks -John

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 410 admin

I can't receive incoming calls to my cell phone. I am able to make calls and send/receive text messages just fine. But when I call to my cell phone it never rings or shows incoming calls or nothing in log as missed or incoming calls.
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
    SIM Card: LTE SIM Kit - 3-in-1 - Voice/Data Bundle
    ESN: 89011704278313543151
    Phone# XXX-XXX-9502
    Please hep fix this issue ASAP.
    Thanks -John

Hello, @John J Mondal. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and sent an update to your application to help fix the problem.

The first step we recommend is to perform a Factory Reset on your device. You can do this by following these steps:

(Settings > Personal > Backup & Reset) or hold Volume Down and Power Button. Remember that a backup is important to save all your information and deleted data cannot be retrieved.

***If you don't want to go through this first step, don't worry, it's not always necessary.***

Next, perform an operating system update by going to (Settings > About the Phone > System Updates > Update Profile).

Then Remove and Reinstall the FreedomPop Messaging Application.

Be sure to Force Stop/Clear Data on Messaging App (Settings > Apps>Messaging > Force Stop/Clear Data)

Lastly, be sure to do a PRL update by:

1. Select the menu button (located to the right of the home button)
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap More(upper right)
    4. Then scroll down and tap System Update
    5. Select Update Profile and let it run fully (may take up to 90 seconds)
    6. After the network profile is updated, repeat the same steps, but this time select Update PRL instead of update profile

and a Carrier Reset:

Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    Enter # # 72786 #
    If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code (467823). For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right-hand corner.
    Confirm the reset.
    Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Be sure to visit our forums page which has everything on your specific device:

Let us know if these steps helped.
  • John J MondalJohn J Mondal Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Resting, System Update & PRL Update or any other instructions are not coincide with Galaxy S8 running Android 9. I sure appreciate your response after a week long wait but please give me instructions that are specific to Galaxy S8 Android 9.0 phone. Otherwise these generic instructions are nothing but garbage,,
    Thanks -John
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 410 admin

Resting, System Update & PRL Update or any other instructions are not coincide with Galaxy S8 running Android 9. I sure appreciate your response after a week long wait but please give me instructions that are specific to Galaxy S8 Android 9.0 phone. Otherwise these generic instructions are nothing but garbage,,
    Thanks -John

Hello, @John J Mondal. Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear our troubleshooting steps didn't address your concern. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.