My existing Basic free plan was upgraded to a Premium paid plan promo without my consent

VyersVyers Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
edited June 9 in Billing #1
I've been using the Basic free phone plan for 3 years, and noticed that a few days ago (June 4th) I was suddenly upgraded to a Premium 500 "Billed Free Trial" $3.99 monthly plan instead ("Why Pay More? Phone 750mb").

I would like my Basic free plan restored, and to do it I should not be coerced into paying a $20.00 top-up charge to perform the downgrade off of a plan I never actually upgraded to in the first place.

Also, it would seem this "free trial" lasts just a mere 4 days, as I'm already scheduled to be billed $3.99 for this new plan tomorrow (June 8th). If unable to be resolved in time for that charge to be prevented, I would appreciate a refund for it. Thank you.

EDIT: Thanks to reddit I think I managed to restore it to the free plan just in time without going through the downgrade process/topping up using a link I was apparently supposed to receive in email from FP but never did. I'll know for sure once the billing page updates later today.
Post edited by Vyers on

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    Vyers said:

I've been using the Basic free phone plan for 3 years, and noticed that a few days ago (June 4th) I was suddenly upgraded to a Premium 500 "Billed Free Trial" $3.99 monthly plan instead ("Why Pay More? Phone 750mb").

I would like my Basic free plan restored, and to do it I should not be coerced into paying a $20.00 top-up charge to perform the downgrade off of a plan I never actually upgraded to in the first place.

Also, it would seem this "free trial" lasts just a mere 4 days, as I'm already scheduled to be billed $3.99 for this new plan tomorrow (June 8th). If unable to be resolved in time for that charge to be prevented, I would appreciate a refund for it. Thank you.

EDIT: Thanks to reddit I think I managed to restore it to the free plan just in time without going through the downgrade process/topping up using a link I was apparently supposed to receive in email from FP but never did. I'll know for sure once the billing page updates later today.

Hello, @Vyers. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. After reviewing your account we were able to confirm that it was successfully downgraded to the Basic free plan.

Please let us know if you have any further questions so we can help.
  • anonymousXYZanonymousXYZ Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the exactly same issue (never got informed!) and downgraded over the homepage. Still, my billing shows a charge of US$0.13 due in 17 days. Can you pleas clarify this?

Furthermore, I ordered a SIM kit and downgraded all plans and services within the 14 days (today). For this account, a billing fee of US$7.48 is shown. Please help me to resolve this issue as well. When ordering the card, the description said that you can downgrade/cancel anytime and no fees where mentioned. (I took screenshots)
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin

I have the exactly same issue (never got informed!) and downgraded over the homepage. Still, my billing shows a charge of US$0.13 due in 17 days. Can you pleas clarify this?

Furthermore, I ordered a SIM kit and downgraded all plans and services within the 14 days (today). For this account, a billing fee of US$7.48 is shown. Please help me to resolve this issue as well. When ordering the card, the description said that you can downgrade/cancel anytime and no fees where mentioned. (I took screenshots)

Hello, @anonymousXYZ. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue.
This discussion has been closed.