Free plan with monthly charges??

tpcwwwtpcwww Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,
I have account ending in 7222 which purchased as free plan back to Jan/19. Since Mar/19 it started to have monthly charge till now. Please advise and refund the charge. In addition I have purchased this sim card online with promo on freedompop Facebook, the premium plan starting from $5.99 back to March and after that it changed to $19.99 as the cheapest plan. How can I have purchased the lowest premium plan as $5.99? Thanks!

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tpcwww - Try canceling your Plan. In your online account select Plan TAB. Click on the current plan to open full screen. Off to the right and maybe down near bottom is link "To downgrade plan etc click here" With "here" active link.

That should throw you back to the default (FREE?) plan If you have some credits with that account be sure they are activated again before the downgrade. Review at Billing TAB and in history select top-up credits. Scroll to bottom to see link to re-activate the credits if they need that.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • tpcwwwtpcwww Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    The account is showing free plan as basic 200, why it still charged on monthly basis? This doesn’t make sense at all. I’d like to get monthly charges refund instead. Thanks!
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 612 admin
    Hello, @tpcwww. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. Please confirm if the email address on your profile is the same email address associated with your FreedomPop account as well as the last four digits of the phone number of the account you wish us to check so we can take a closer look at it.
    That’s correct. Please check and advise if any findings. Thanks!
    tpcwww said:

That’s correct. Please check and advise if any findings. Thanks!

Hello, @tpcwww. Thanks for your prompt reply. Please confirm the last four digits of your phone number and we will gladly take a closer look at this.
    The account is 7222.
    Hello, I didn’t get response of my question. My last four number of my account is 7222 and it’s the same email address on my file associate with my account. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!
    tpcwww said:

The account is 7222.

tpcwww said:

Hello, I didn’t get response of my question. My last four number of my account is 7222 and it’s the same email address on my file associate with my account. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!

Hello, @tpcwww. Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry about our delayed reply. After reviewing your account, we were able to confirm that the charges on the line XXX-XXX-7222 are for Regulatory & Recovery Fees as well as Administrative Fee. Which have been implemented to ensure we are in accordance with government compliance. These fees are defraying costs of various federal, state, and local regulatory programs. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and is determined by city/state. For clear visibility, we provide a breakdown of each cost in your billing summary.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review the “Taxes and Surcharges” section of our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms provided in the link below:

https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

Administrative fees have been implemented to ensure we are in accord with all major carriers. These fees are to recover and help defray costs incurred for increasing customer support services, offset higher payment processing fees, and other expenses related to fraudulent usage monitoring on our networks. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and cannot be waived.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Section - Taxes and Surcharges) for reference provided in the link below:

Please keep in mind that in accord with our terms of service, we will be unable to issue a refund. This fee is mandatory for all active accounts and non-refundable.

Regarding the $19.99, we were unable to find a charge of this amount on any line associated with your account.

The line with phone number XXX-XXX-7222 was purchased with a monthly plan, therefore, the $5.99 plan is not available for this line. On the other hand, the line XXX-XXX-9098 was purchased with a semi-annual plan and is currently with the plan Premium LTE 1GB Unlimited Semi-Annual for a monthly amount of $5.99. Please keep in mind that this being a semi-annual is charged every 6 months for the total amount of $35.94.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly resolve them for you.

Regarding account 7222, when I purchased this sim card I was downgraded to free plan shortly so how come you said that it’s a monthly plan? If so I don’t need to credit on top when the data plan over 200MB and 200 MB is the basic and free plan you offered and so far we still have this data plan with 500 phone calls and texts. Please double check again as this should be free plan without any service/federal/city/ administration fee to be applied. Please advise. Thanks!
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,282FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tpcwww - to view your billing break down go to your online account at https://my.freedompop.com use either your email as ID or phone number might work as ID and the password.
    Select TAB Billing and in the History box find the most recent charge more than $0.00 and click the transaction link to see detail break downs.
    Say for example the billed amount is $25.97. The break down could be Plan for $19.99, Voice Mail for $2.99, and that infuriating administrative fee $2.99. I'd expect your plan should show $0.00 which represents the FREE plan. There 'could' be added services such as VoiceMail, rollover, VPN, etc. Each would be listed and described here in the detail.
    If your Plan charge is other than the $0.00 then something happened that I cannot explain. Perhaps EuniceL could explain the time and date that it got changed.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    My question is that since account is free plan, it should be free of charge. What I see on the bill is that administration fee and regulator and recovery fee on monthly basis if account is under free plan, there should not be a charge. That doesn’t seem to right to me, therefore I requested for a refund.
    tpcwww said:

Regarding account 7222, when I purchased this sim card I was downgraded to free plan shortly so how come you said that it’s a monthly plan? If so I don’t need to credit on top when the data plan over 200MB and 200 MB is the basic and free plan you offered and so far we still have this data plan with 500 phone calls and texts. Please double check again as this should be free plan without any service/federal/city/ administration fee to be applied. Please advise. Thanks!

tpcwww said:

My question is that since account is free plan, it should be free of charge. What I see on the bill is that administration fee and regulator and recovery fee on monthly basis if account is under free plan, there should not be a charge. That doesn’t seem to right to me, therefore I requested for a refund.

Hello, @tpcwww. Thanks for getting back to us. Your Basic Free plan includes 200 minutes, 500 text messages and 200MB of data which renew on a monthly basis.

Regarding Administrative fees, these fees are to recover and help defray costs incurred for increasing customer support services, offset higher payment processing fees, and other expenses related to fraudulent usage monitoring on our networks. Please keep in mind that in accord with our terms of service, we will be unable to issue a refund. This fee is mandatory for all active accounts and non-refundable.

If you wish to view additional references, you may review our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Section - Taxes and Surcharges) for reference provided in the link below:

Let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly resolve them for you.