Discussion on Sale to two companies

Comments

• Vle045Vle045 Posts: 181FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    I only had this because it was free. I used them as a back up phone that lived in my car in case I forgot mine. (It happens occasionally 😬)

I can actually add a line on my sprint account for $10 and get unlimited everything. So this Ting offer is crap. I’d be better off getting a prepaid T-mobile line for $3.00 a month. It’s very limited but enough to cover a call or text every once in a while when I forget my phone.

Still waiting for the official word from red pocket. 😕
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
  • martypopmartypop Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm feel betrayed and the lack of info leading up to all this was next to nothing. Still not sure whats going on between some going to ting which i want no part of but no choice vs red pocket
  • Carl MaltzmanCarl Maltzman Posts: 48FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the general opinion that the plan should be to sign up for Ting until Red Pocket offers a free service, and then transfer to Red Pocket? I have 2 FreedomPop phones, and friends who I referred to FreedomPop and are also stuck.
  • Iskandar RabeendranIskandar Rabeendran Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    per Ting migration plan: Whichever option you choose, your rate is guaranteed through 2019. In 2020, accounts will automatically switch to Ting Mobile’s regular rates.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    comintel said:

I changed it to "some of them." Specifically, some TopUp Balances.

People posted that on SlickDeals. I have no idea about any of this, just mentioning what was posted for what it is worth.

It is not a policy necessarily, just what one user got from one rep. Hopefully there will be clarication from FP-RP.

There have also been some posts with admin responses in forums here, where top up credit was moved to another account. I only have $5, but figure I may as well add it to my other account in case it is of any value under whatever Red Pocket ultimately does here.
  • Jose GomezJose Gomez Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am glad that this discussion is being had here in this forum. From this, I had switched out the FP Messenger to Google's and noticed the data and call reception is still working, even without WiFi. However, this change in service for some people, including me, have caught us off guard.

I currently have an annual plan with FP, and as far to my current knowledge, Ting has not receive my number and/or e-mail account from FP after conversing with CS. So, I want to know whats going on, and if possible, will I be free from FP's clutches on my bank card during this time.
  • Jose GomezJose Gomez Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    martypop said:

I'm feel betrayed and the lack of info leading up to all this was next to nothing. Still not sure whats going on between some going to ting which i want no part of but no choice vs red pocket

I feel you, man. I want to know what will be of my account.
  • kechristen  kechristen Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie

per Ting migration plan: Whichever option you choose, your rate is guaranteed through 2019. In 2020, accounts will automatically switch to Ting Mobile’s regular rates.

I went ahead and migrated. If I don't get the same rate extended into 2020 and beyond, I will simply go elsewhere. $15/mo is their minimum regular rate and that is for a paltry 100 calls, 100 texts, and 100mb data. I could maybe get by with that, but it no world is that worth $15 per month.
  • Devin SchwartzDevin Schwartz Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    comintel said:

People posted that on SlickDeals. I have no idea about any of this, just mentioning what was posted for what it is worth. It is not a policy necessarily, just what one user got from one rep. Hopefully there will be clarication from FP-RP.

[QUOTE=andrew-c;128958058]Just an FYI if you want to transfer over to a GSM sim they will transfer any topup credit you have on a CDMA plan if you DM them on twitter and cancel the CDMA plan.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=andrew-c;129012658]I used this link [url]https://www.freedompop.com/sim-card[/url] and signed up on the same email as the line I was canceling. Was $0.01, but you need $20 in top-up to go down to the free tier. I had that $20 on the CDMA line so now that it’s moved I can drop all the trials and put it on the free tier without further payment.[/QUOTE]

This is by and large what I am considering doing — signing up for FreedomPop's Free Plan via a GSM sim card in my iPhone, which has a CDMA sim currently. Has anybody here had success with the process?

I haven't yet signed up for any of Ting's offers. Will I need to sign up for Ting and cancel my FreedomPop account / service, then sign up for FreedomPop's $.01 offer for the GSM sim and use Ting until it arrives?

If this is the process, then at what point do you request transfer of top-up credits under the previous CDMA plan? And how do you go about porting your number from Ting back to FreedomPop under the GSM sim?
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 354FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

comintel said:

I changed it to "some of them." Specifically, some TopUp Balances.

People posted that on SlickDeals. I have no idea about any of this, just mentioning what was posted for what it is worth.

It is not a policy necessarily, just what one user got from one rep. Hopefully there will be clarication from FP-RP.

There have also been some posts with admin responses in forums here, where top up credit was moved to another account. I only have $5, but figure I may as well add it to my other account in case it is of any value under whatever Red Pocket ultimately does here.
    Ah very helpful to know - probably that is what I should do.
    Thanks!
    I expect FP-RP will re-introduce lower cost CDMA plans eventually. They have said they will.
  • Ming ChenMing Chen Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I have received the email about migrating my FP phone to Ting, and ting offers two options till the end of the year ($6+$4/GB or $20 for 20GB, both have unlimted calls and texts). But I have any seen anything about migrating my GSM SIM card to Red Pocket, should I just wait? Thanks.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ming Chen - I also heard that the first month was free for the 20 GB one.
    Wait ? Maybe but only a little while. Don't know how long that offer will stand available. Into August likely but beyond ? Who knows, probably not even the CEO would know. Decisions seem to be made more like 30 days after the last minute.

If someone approves moving some top-up credits then I may have to cancel FP first, which means I have to had migrated to ting to preserve the number even before that. That might be the driving speed to not waiting any longer.

The Red Pocket 'move' may start after a lot of the dust settels on the CDMA move.
    The imply that STS Media sold the company, employees, office space, supplies, customer SIM base, credits, rollover balances, etc. Promise is to continue the same with 2 changes quickly.
    1. Let CS answer phone calls from customers again.
    2. Go with normal cellular talk and texting. (VoIP may stay as a choice, just not required)
    Maybe start in Aug sometime
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • cjw7cjw7 Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I got the email that says I will go to ting. Does that mean the free plan is not being offered by ting? I'm confused as to what I have to do.
  • Brian WillettBrian Willett Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    comintel said:

It is appearing that all balances are forfeited.
    Credits
    Rollover
    Unused Pre-Paid months

All ting is getting is the phone and number from FreedomPop.

Has anyone gotten a refund of any of the above due to the sudden change that was NOT an option with customer to select ?

On Ting's side, that is correct.
    On the FP side, some people are succeeding in getting them some of credited back on request to FP for other uses (mainly GSM LTE for now)..
    I tried contacting customer service about getting a refund on my free account top up credit ($20) and this is the response I got:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 3 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
    Refund for top up credit.

Response By Email ( Kevin D.) ( 07/18/2019 10:21 AM)
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop Online Services. My name is Kevin and I will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. It is our understanding that you need to get a refund for the service that will not work with us.

I completely understand your concern about that charge but let me take care of your situation. We can see that your credit balance was added a long time ago and we are not able to process a refund for that kind of charge.

As a valued FreedomPop customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns. However, if you need additional assistance, please feel free to respond to this incident and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please also be sure to visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com and our FreedomPop Communities at https://forums.freedompop.com/.

Thank you,
    Kevin.
    Your personal Online Service Agent
    Customer By Service Web ( Brian) ( 07/18/2019 09:37 AM)
    Since I am being asked to switch to a different company (Ting) and my phone will no longer work with freedompop, I would like a return of my unused 20 dollar top up credit.

Thank you for your time, "
    I'm confused..what do I need to do to keep the free version?
  • j. lewisj. lewis Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Any idea when our devices will stop working? I hoping they last till we use up our data.
    The Ting deal for hotspots really sux. That 6+4 thing still adds up to $10 a month for 1 gig of none roll over data.
  • Pj121_qPj121_q Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    So when will CDMA service shut down if nothing is done? I am hoping RedPocket will come up with an offer.
  • oblueoblue Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    comintel said:

Will FreedomPop the unlocking our phones so that we can go to another carrier?

FP no longer owns Sprint accounts, they now belong to Ting and are currently in the process of being transferred to Ting. Ting says they are allowed by Sprint to do International Sim Unlocks, which they will do, but not Domestic sim unlocks. If you are referring to the 6 month lock to FP after purchasing a phone from FP, yes, that should be released.
    Will FP/Ting be automatically unlocking our phones and hotspots, or do we need to request them to do so?
    I'm confused as to what I have to do to keep the free plan. I got the email about moving to ting, but it doesn't look like they offer a free option.
    edited July 22 #71
    oblue said:

comintel said:

Will FreedomPop the unlocking our phones so that we can go to another carrier?

FP no longer owns Sprint accounts, they now belong to Ting and are currently in the process of being transferred to Ting. Ting says they are allowed by Sprint to do International Sim Unlocks, which they will do, but not Domestic sim unlocks. If you are referring to the 6 month lock to FP after purchasing a phone from FP, yes, that should be released.
    Will FP/Ting be automatically unlocking our phones and hotspots, or do we need to request them to do so?
    Best test if it is unlocked for your needs by seeing if you can activate it elsewhere and go from there
    There are different types and extents of unlock and what will matter is whether it will activate where you want and expect it to.
    cjw7 said:

I'm confused as to what I have to do to keep the free plan. I got the email about moving to ting, but it doesn't look like they offer a free option.

There is no free CDMA option any more at this time. RP may introduce one at some later date in FP, but for now all existing CDMA users have been moved to Ting, which has no free option beyond the time needed (a couple of weeks?) for you to choose one of their plans or cancel or port out.
  • Vle045Vle045 Posts: 181FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    Brian- That is messed up. I would personally fight that, if I were in your position. You paid for a service that they never provided. How long ago did you pay for it? If it was through paypal, was it recent enough for you to dispute it through them? If you can dispute it through them as a payment for services not received, and FP does not respond, you will get your refund.

comintel said:

It is appearing that all balances are forfeited.
    Credits
    Rollover
    Unused Pre-Paid months

All ting is getting is the phone and number from FreedomPop.

Has anyone gotten a refund of any of the above due to the sudden change that was NOT an option with customer to select ?

On Ting's side, that is correct.
    On the FP side, some people are succeeding in getting them some of credited back on request to FP for other uses (mainly GSM LTE for now)..
    I tried contacting customer service about getting a refund on my free account top up credit ($20) and this is the response I got:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 3 days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
    Refund for top up credit.

Response By Email ( Kevin D.) ( 07/18/2019 10:21 AM)
    Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop Online Services. My name is Kevin and I will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. It is our understanding that you need to get a refund for the service that will not work with us.

I completely understand your concern about that charge but let me take care of your situation. We can see that your credit balance was added a long time ago and we are not able to process a refund for that kind of charge.

As a valued FreedomPop customer, we hope that we have addressed all concerns. However, if you need additional assistance, please feel free to respond to this incident and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please also be sure to visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com and our FreedomPop Communities at https://forums.freedompop.com/.

Thank you,
    Kevin.
    Your personal Online Service Agent
    Customer By Service Web ( Brian) ( 07/18/2019 09:37 AM)
    Since I am being asked to switch to a different company (Ting) and my phone will no longer work with freedompop, I would like a return of my unused 20 dollar top up credit.

Thank you for your time, "

Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
  • Fabian LamaestraFabian Lamaestra Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    "for you to choose one of their plans or cancel or port out."

How do you 'port out'? Will Ting unlock my FP iphone?
  • charles janaycharles janay Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't even understand how anyone has a top up credit. After they introduced the top up requirement, ($5), I had a credit on my account when I was required to pay it on my next device, and it stayed in my account. The last device I activated in December 2017 required a $10 top up (no activation fee-phone was purchased from FP). The credit disappeared from my account after the first month, so I assumed that was their new thing
    Personally, I'm going to hold out and see what happens, and am hoping Red Pocket comes out with something for CDMA owners. It kind of sucks that Freedompop was all CDMA until a couple of years ago, now we get the cruddier deal.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

I don't even understand how anyone has a top up credit.

You just had to reactivate it every 30 days on the billing page. It would only actually expire after 90 days, if not reactivated. One of mine was from nearly 2 years ago.