Discussion on Sale to two companies

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,352FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 'helping' out with users in support, I spotted this about porting OUT of ting before fully starting.
    You can obtain your port out information on Ting's site as Unreal & FreedomPop has moved all their customers over there now. Follow the instructions below to obtain the information:

1. Go to ting.com/freedompop and click "Make the Move"
    2. Type in your FreedomPop email and phone number.
    3. A page to select plans on Ting will pop up. Scroll down and you should see "Port out information"
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • j. lewisj. lewis Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Will we be getting our top up credit refunded?
  • larry W. carneslarry W. carnes Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    All I use FP for is a backup means of accessing the Internet when my provider goes down, or when I'm traveling. I've been using a FreedomPop MiFi 500 and have only used the free 500 MB/month plan. It's worked great for the last several years. I have no FP cell phone or SIMM. I received an email saying I would be moved to Ting, and they would offer a $6 plan plus $4 per GB data, or a $20 plan with unlimited data. Will Ting also offer the same free 500 MB internet-only plan I've been enjoying with FreedomPop?
  • martypopmartypop Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie

All I use FP for is a backup means of accessing the Internet when my provider goes down, or when I'm traveling. I've been using a FreedomPop MiFi 500 and have only used the free 500 MB/month plan. It's worked great for the last several years. I have no FP cell phone or SIMM. I received an email saying I would be moved to Ting, and they would offer a $6 plan plus $4 per GB data, or a $20 plan with unlimited data. Will Ting also offer the same free 500 MB internet-only plan I've been enjoying with FreedomPop?

I doubt there will be a free plan and i won't do business with any of these **** companies especially ting.
  • D_McGD_McG Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello everyone! Thank you for starting this discussion!

I have been using FP for years and currently own 3 hotspots. I have been rolling over my data on one of my hotspots and have over 10G saved now. Will I loose this data once I switch to Ting? I don't use their phone service, so the only reason for me to switch is if I can keep this data, even if only for a month while I'm on vacation. And from what I'm seeing, Ting has no roll over option. :P

Thanks!
  • Jeremy dJeremy d Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    Today I started getting new messages - you're about to lose your number... What's interesting to me is that my S2 never seemed to be migrated to ting, and today I got an email to that account that my account had been downgraded to the free plan. (It always has been on the free plan). Logging into my freedompop now shows an OTT plan with 200 minutes, 500 texts, and 0mb data for $0.00.

The text I got from freedompop today on the account my S3:
    You’re about to lose your phone number! FreedomPop no longer supports your phone. Pay just $4/GB on Ting or get 20GB for $20. More info in your email or http://bit.ly/ting-fp

I think I like that offer better, I generally use like 100mb, so that's what, $0.40/month? Too bad that's not actually what they're offering...
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 354FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    As was posted, you can now activate CDMA devices at https://www.redpocket.com/fp
    which is a new URL, after logging in with your old FreedomPop logon.

The plans it offers are:

$3 /30 days 200 minutes 500 texts 200 MB LTE Data
    $9 /30 days Unlimited Unlimited 1 GB LTE Data
    $40 /30 days Unlimited Unlimited 10 GB LTE Data

So there finally are the special Red Pocket CDMA plans for FP users.

• Vle045Vle045 Posts: 181FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    So they aren’t doing free after all......
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Vle045 said:

So they aren’t doing free after all......

At least not for Sprint phones. I don't think we know what they are going to offer for the SIM accounts yet?

The $3 per month includes live customer service and uses native voice and messaging not the FP app (so no more tricky ads from FP). It says unthrottled data, though it's only 200 MB. I am assuming group messaging, MMS, and voice mail are also included (though only "picture messaging" is specifically noted). It says "no overage charges", so no more automatic top-ups.
    I tried the link. I logged in. It accepted my log in, but I did not see anything about a free plan. Or even a $3.00 plan. I tried to contact their customer service but I got a very unhelpful response. So at this time, I am still very confused. I’d probably be fine with a $3 plan but can’t figure out how to set it up. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
    Vle045 said:

I tried the link. I logged in. It accepted my log in, but I did not see anything about a free plan. Or even a $3.00 plan. I tried to contact their customer service but I got a very unhelpful response. So at this time, I am still very confused. I’d probably be fine with a $3 plan but can’t figure out how to set it up. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Your profile indicates that you have an LTE SIM, not a Sprint CDMA phone. That link is for Sprint phones at this time. There are no changes for the LTE SIM plans, yet.
    I have several separate accounts. But.... all the CDMA phones went to Ting. So, is this to move from Ting? I have one sprint cdma phone that went to Ting. I don’t want ting.
    Vle045
    Vle045 said:

I have several separate accounts. But.... all the CDMA phones went to Ting. So, is this to move from Ting? I have one sprint cdma phone that went to Ting. I don’t want ting.

Yes this can be used for that.
  • mektekmektek Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    So It appears that there is no hotspot offer for sprint users. Lucky I didn't bother buying a replacement for my broken one.
  • kechristen  kechristen Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    Maybe somebody here can help me. I tried to port my freedompop phone and number to Red Pocket using redpocket.com/activatefp. I got all the way through the process, they even charged my credit card for the first month of service and then I got this message on the webpage: Error! Device is Ineligible for Activation Error of Validate Device or POC Swap transactionId TransactionID :R000000XXXXXXXX

I tried contacting their customer service and was told to email this email address: [email protected] which makes no sense.
    Vle045 said:

I would assume so, but I have not done it. After signing in with the email and password for my existing FP account at: https://www.redpocket.com/fp, I then had to enter the SIM ICC ID# and after that entered another ID number, I think it was the MEID and then it showed the offers.

I assume after taking one of the offers, you then would get the option to port in from Ting (or anywhere else, I suppose) or get a new number?
    edited August 1 #93
    mektek said:

So It appears that there is no hotspot offer for sprint users. Lucky I didn't bother buying a replacement for my broken one.

Sure there is.
    You can use the same Ting or RP offers.

edited August 1 #94

Maybe somebody here can help me. I tried to port my freedompop phone and number to Red Pocket using redpocket.com/activatefp. I got all the way through the process, they even charged my credit card for the first month of service and then I got this message on the webpage: Error! Device is Ineligible for Activation Error of Validate Device or POC Swap transactionId TransactionID :R000000XXXXXXXX

I tried contacting their customer service and was told to email this email address: [email protected] which makes no sense.

The device is already active on Ting now so you cannot just add it somewhere else as well.

You have to port it out of Ting or at least cancel it on Ting first at
    https://ting.com/mobile/freedompop

I had the same error. I selected the option to port out from ting to RedPocket . No go. If you cancel ting, you lose the number
    Vle045
    edited August 2 #96
    Vle045 said:

I had the same error. I selected the option to port out from ting to RedPocket . No go. If you cancel ting, you lose the number

You are supposed to just note the port out account number and pin from the Ting site.

Then you give that information wherever you are porting in.

You always initiate ports on the gaining side, never on the losing side. But first you have to get the credentials for the port from the losing side.

Is there no place to specify port in information on the Red Pocket site? Try chat help there if necessary.

The redpocket site did ask for the number and account number but did not ask for a Pin. It does not work. Their chat is not helpful. They refer you to the ting email address
    Vle045
    edited August 2 #98
    Vle045 said:

The redpocket site did ask for the number and account number but did not ask for a Pin. It does not work. Their chat is not helpful. They refer you to the ting email address

We will have to wait for clarification then as to how you are supposed to do it. If anyone succeeds please post.
    I doubt we will get any clarification. Meanwhile, I have a phone that no longer works because I don’t want Ting. I may just give up the phone number. It’s just a backup phone anyways. I’m willing to pay $3.00, but not $10.00
    Vle045
    Vle045 said:

I doubt we will get any clarification. Meanwhile, I have a phone that no longer works because I don’t want Ting. I may just give up the phone number. It’s just a backup phone anyways. I’m willing to pay $3.00, but not $10.00

There is one way you could do it which is to port the number separately to some other place. Then activate the phone with a new number. Then port in your old number on top if they will allow that. But it may not be worth the trouble for most people.
    Yeah, I considered that route, but there’s a cost involved to port elsewhere. The least expensive option is T-Mobile prepaid, as they have a $3.00 plan. But the phone is not compatible, so that would require buying a new phone. So, since the number wasn’t terribly important, I canceled Ting. Now I am trying to activate Red Pocket. I’ve only got about halfway there...
    Vle045