Discussion on Sale to two companies

Comments

• Vle045Vle045 Posts: 181FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    I am mostly activated but can’t figure out how to make my phone stop trying to dial through the freedompop app
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 354FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Vle045 said:

I am mostly activated but can’t figure out how to make my phone stop trying to dial through the freedompop app

I imagine you tried uninstalling the app and factory reset?
    It won’t uninstall because it was originally a FP phone so it is considered “factory”
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.
    edited August 2 #105
    Vle045 said:

It won’t uninstall because it was originally a FP phone so it is considered “factory”

Right.

You might have to flash the ROM.

Or you could try some dialer apps from play store.

Or maybe try disabling the FP Dialer app.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Vle045 said:

I disabled all the FP apps on mine. I think there are 4 of them. You will lose the old texts, if that matters to you.
    Thanks Jeffrey. That might have been the problem. I disabled a few FP apps, but not all. I think for mine, it was the FP Messaging app causing the problem. It seems to be working now.
    Vle045
    Ting is moving things along, I was sent an email stating:
    "If you don't take action by Tuesday, August 6, 2019, your phone service will be turned off."
    Well, my new red pocket line seems to have really good service so far. The $3 a month might be worth it. Includes voicemail too. And maybe 911 service, although I haven’t tried that. 😉
    Vle045
    Vle045 said:

Well, my new red pocket line seems to have really good service so far. The $3 a month might be worth it. Includes voicemail too. And maybe 911 service, although I haven’t tried that. 😉

Yes, I think it is a good deal. I assume group messaging and MMS is also included...plus customer service via phone or chat. I also like that it is monthly, not a full year in advance like the Red Pocket Ebay plans.

Mine had become an extra phone when I upgraded earlier this year. I have been using it for navigation, since it had 550 MB of data vs. 250 MB on my LTE SIM in the newer phone.

My son is probably going to take over either the FP phone or an extra FP SIM account that we have (my spouse had ported to Red Pocket back in November in disgust over FP games and ads). So we're waiting to see what they offer on the SIM accounts before deciding on the fate of these two extra accounts that I have.
    The best answer i got from them on the SIMs is that nothing will change. As long as you continue to use that SIM. It gets a little hazy for switching phones/SIMS. To switch from Ting, I couldnt port from Ting to RedPocket, so i canceled Ting and was able to get the $3.00 account with a new number using my FP login and phone. Not sure how/if it will work if i get a new phone
    Vle045
    Vle045 said:

Not sure how/if it will work if i get a new phone

I just tried putting in the SIM ICC ID for the Sprint SIM that is in my FP phone, but then I put in the IMEI from my newer phone (unlocked Moto E4 that works on all 4 networks) and it was accepted. So it looks like a new phone could be activated, at least if you reuse the Sprint SIM. But I would guess it would work even with a new Sprint SIM.

Of course with the LTE SIM plan, you would just move the SIM to a new phone.

Red Pocket has stated that they will be offering free service on any network. So one way or another, I'll be continuing at somewhere between $0-3 per month :smile: . My son will likely also move over the the new FP by RP one way or another, as his old Tracfone is becoming obsolete by the end of the year and he's paying $20 every 3 months for that service.
    edited August 3 #113

Vle045 said:

Not sure how/if it will work if i get a new phone

I just tried putting in the SIM ICC ID for the Sprint SIM that is in my FP phone, but then I put in the IMEI from my newer phone (unlocked Moto E4 that works on all 4 networks) and it was accepted. So it looks like a new phone could be activated, at least if you reuse the Sprint SIM. But I would guess it would work even with a new Sprint SIM.

Of course with the LTE SIM plan, you would just move the SIM to a new phone.

Red Pocket has stated that they will be offering free service on any network. So one way or another, I'll be continuing at somewhere between $0-3 per month :smile: . My son will likely also move over the the new FP by RP one way or another, as his old Tracfone is becoming obsolete by the end of the year and he's paying $20 every 3 months for that service.

One just has to keep in mind that different model phones usually require different sims according to the chart at
    https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7833-the-s4gru-aio-byod-sim-compatibility-chart/

You can order a sim kit that covers most but not quite all phones for $2.99 from
    https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=121700244&accCatId=78300001&deviceIndependent=true

But I also noticed that yes, in reality you can activate any eligible Sprint device (if you have an appropriate sim) once you get signed on to signup page for RP/FP, not just the one you had on before.
    Post edited by comintel on
    When I attempted to get a different SIM, it only let me get the regular plans, not the freedompop plans. So at least right now, you can not move networks. (I would have otherwise).
    I also could not add a line at the freedompop rates. Maybe it’s forthcoming.....
    Vle045
    edited August 3 #115
    Vle045 said:

When I attempted to get a different SIM, it only let me get the regular plans, not the freedompop plans. So at least right now, you can not move networks. (I would have otherwise).
    I also could not add a line at the freedompop rates. Maybe it’s forthcoming.....

Right I agree. One can hope.

Just to avoid any confusion, that (activating on a different network) is not what I was referring to that i when I referred to different sims - I was talking about switching to a different Sprint phone, which will usually require a different Sprint sim that you obtain yourself. That, staying all-CDMA all-Sprint with a different Sprint phone and the corresponding required Sprint sim, is allowed.
    comintel said:

One just has to keep in mind that different model phones usually require different sims according to the chart at

You can order a sim kit that covers most but not quite all phones for $2.99 from
    https://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?accSKU=121700244&accCatId=78300001&deviceIndependent=true

It's only that complicated for Sprint SIMs, right?

For an ATT (or T-mobile) SIM there is just the three different sizes, as I understand it. I assume that is also the case for Verizon, just based on what we got from Red Pocket, when my wife moved there...they sent triple cut SIMs for ATT, T-mobile, and Verizon but nothing for Sprint.
    edited August 3 #117

comintel said:

It's only that complicated for Sprint SIMs, right?

For an ATT (or T-mobile) SIM there is just the three different sizes, as I understand it. I assume that is also the case for Verizon, just based on what we got from Red Pocket, when my wife moved there...they sent triple cut SIMs for ATT, T-mobile, and Verizon but nothing for Sprint.
    Absolutely correct.
    Other carriers have one sim for all phones (subject only to sizing).
    Sprint has many sims and you must use the correct sim from that table for your phone model. This is completely apart from sizing.
  • Ellen Deegan Ellen Deegan Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    FREE PLAN CDMA-DO I WAIT TILL MY DATA RUNS OUT ??OR THE END OF BILLING CYCLE TO TRY TO MAKE A DECISION??-WAITING FOR A FREE CDMA PLAN!AND SOME CONDRETE INFORMATION -SO I CAN MAKE A LUCID DECISION-WHAT ABOUT ALL MY CREDIT INFO-ETC.??ELLEN
  • Fabian LamaestraFabian Lamaestra Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Does anybody actually know what the real drop-dead date is for the free FP accounts to stop working? I have an FP iPhone 5 and it's still working fine and it's completely free to me.
  • kechristen  kechristen Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    comintel said:

Maybe somebody here can help me. I tried to port my freedompop phone and number to Red Pocket using redpocket.com/activatefp. I got all the way through the process, they even charged my credit card for the first month of service and then I got this message on the webpage: Error! Device is Ineligible for Activation Error of Validate Device or POC Swap transactionId TransactionID :R000000XXXXXXXX

I tried contacting their customer service and was told to email this email address: [email protected] which makes no sense.

The device is already active on Ting now so you cannot just add it somewhere else as well.

You have to port it out of Ting or at least cancel it on Ting first at
    https://ting.com/mobile/freedompop

I tried going to https://ting.com/mobile/freedompop and selecting 'Choose Your Move'. I enter my FP credentials and I get the following error:

This account has been already processed.

I have been in contact with both RP and Ting support now and both claim they can't help me, the other one has to.
  • Fabian LamaestraFabian Lamaestra Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Help? The Ting FP migration page says I can either 'port-out' or 'cancel'. I don't care about keeping my phone number, but I want to later try and rejoin FP using my current FP CDMA Iphone, for their free plan. Else, I can try Redpocket. If I select 'Cancel' on Ting, does this just unlock the phone, or will this also remove me from getting the special RedPocket FP $3 pricing?
    Ting is not offering a free plan at all... you can cancel then log in to red pocket and try to use the phone for their $3.00 plan.
    Vle045
    edited August 5 #123

Help? The Ting FP migration page says I can either 'port-out' or 'cancel'. I don't care about keeping my phone number, but I want to later try and rejoin FP using my current FP CDMA Iphone, for their free plan. Else, I can try Redpocket. If I select 'Cancel' on Ting, does this just unlock the phone, or will this also remove me from getting the special RedPocket FP $3 pricing?

You can (and in your case should) go ahead and cancel on Ting.
    You then log on to RP at https://www.redpocket.com/fp to sign up for the $3 offer. Or you can sign up for Tello also.
  • lgent811lgent811 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    When I try to login to this site: https://www.redpocket.com/fp with my
    freedompop user name and password, it says ,Invalid credentials.
    Any body know what is wrong?
    Thanks
  • Jeremy dJeremy d Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    Has anyone figured out how to get on red pocket and keep their number?
    It appears that Ting will allow some extra time to keep your number, even if you do nothing. I don't care about my number or using that phone, so have not done anything. They had previously told me that service would be turned off on the 6th. Then yesterday I got an email from Ting stating:

"You have not taken action, therefore your phone service has been suspended.
    If you choose not to try Ting or move your number to another carrier by August 27, 2019, you will not be able to recover your FreedomPop or Unreal phone number."

So it appears they are allowing 3 weeks after the cut-off date to save your number.