Discussion on Sale to two companies

12346»

Comments

• Carl MaltzmanCarl Maltzman Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    I just saw on ebay that Red Pocket is offering a CDMA SIM card for Sprint phones (but says in text that you may not need a new SIM card) with unlimited text, talk, and data for $20 per month if you pay for a year in advance!
    Link now goes to a page offereing the service for $3.99 per month, no longer $3 per month.
    Link now goes to a page offereing the service for $3.99 per month, no longer $3 per month.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 323FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

I saw that yesterday and noticed that it also implies that it is not limited to CDMA phones, but when I tried a phone and SIM that is not compatible with Sprint, it failed.

However, when I put in CDMA phone and SIM info, I think it then showed the $3 per month offer. I did not sign up, I was just checking what is available.

I saw that yesterday and noticed that it also implies that it is not limited to CDMA phones, but when I tried a phone and SIM that is not compatible with Sprint, it failed.

However, when I put in CDMA phone and SIM info, I think it then showed the $3 per month offer. I did not sign up, I was just checking what is available.
    I think I am going to go with the Redpocket pre-paid $5 per month, with 100 minutes, 100 texts, and 500 mb. I hardly ever use text, and never run more than 20 minutes per month, so this probably would work best for me. I'm also thinking that there are no additional taxes, charges, etc., so it might work out less than the $3 per month + charges.
  • Fabian LamaestraFabian Lamaestra Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I got my Iphone 5 moved over to Red Pocket for the $3 month 500MB plan. Could not be happier. Customer service answers right away, and 500 megabytes per month is more than I need. Iphone works great and uses the native dialer and messaging app. I was years on FreedomPop and what a nightmare that was with their clunky VOIP app, HORRIBLE Customer Service, then they shut off email and 800-support. Being FREE IS OVERRATED. $3 a month is NOTHING.
    They have a $5 pre-paid plan that would work for me: 100 minutes, 100 text, 500 mb. It might work out cheaper than the $3 plan, if the $3 plan has add on taxes, etc., and the pre-paid plan doesn't.

They also have a $5 pre-paid plan ($60). It might work out cheaper than the $3 plan, if the $3 plan has additional taxes, etc., and if the pre-paid doesn't. It also is probably better for me: 100 minutes, 100 texts, and 500 mb.
  • QiuQiu Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie

I got my Iphone 5 moved over to Red Pocket for the $3 month 500MB plan. Could not be happier. Customer service answers right away, and 500 megabytes per month is more than I need. Iphone works great and uses the native dialer and messaging app. I was years on FreedomPop and what a nightmare that was with their clunky VOIP app, HORRIBLE Customer Service, then they shut off email and 800-support. Being FREE IS OVERRATED. $3 a month is NOTHING.

When I tried, the $3/mo plan has only 200MB data. Where did you see 500MB data?
  • James ChatfieldJames Chatfield Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Fabian, Can you show the link for the $3 500MB plan? I only see a $3 200 MB plan.
  • Stephen JStephen J Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    When I signed up for the $3 plan about a month ago, they gave me 500 MB of data. Now they want to reduce it 200 MB. I am trying to convince them to honor the contracted amount that they gave me when I signed up.