Is Free trial plan fooling me? Need to cancel..

faxtsfaxts Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
edited June 19 in Plans and Services #1
I saw the advertisement about 14 days free trial and ordered the Freedompop last month. Out of 14 days, few days went in delayed shipping and then it wasn't easy to make it work. With lots of hassle I tried it on different ios and android phones, to finally make it working on one. Within trail period I tried to contact its tech support but no way asking me to pay initially to reach support. As advertised I downgraded it without any use within 14 days to Basic Free plan so I do not have to pay for such a worthless service. At the time of downgrade it was annoying me with a compulsory $20 topup, cannot justify why but it was required for a so called 'free' downgrade, that point it was saying if i overused data it might reflect after a couple of days so they need to keep a balance though I was confident as having less than 100mb usage which is in limits. Right after this a couple of days happened and I see another charge of $1.61 and to my surprise it is showing as a recurring payment, yet I am unable to figure out for which service it is, as there is no additional service active on my account.

One more thing, it says in Basic Free we get 200 mins, 500 text, 200mb data but no text or call goes without internet connection; if i have to connect to data to make calls then it shows in data usage and if I have to connect with wifi then why do I need Freedompop to call as there are lots of other free call options using internet.

I haven't used anything so far, feels like being cheated and want to quit out of the ridiculous services of Freedompop. Please cancel my services and refund my $20 + 1.61.

Post edited by faxts on
Tagged:

Answers

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 522FreedomPop Newbie admin
    faxts said:

I saw the advertisement about 14 days free trial and ordered the Freedompop last month. Out of 14 days, few days went in delayed shipping and then it wasn't easy to make it work. With lots of hassle I tried it on different ios and android phones, to finally make it working on one. Within trail period I tried to contact its tech support but no way asking me to pay initially to reach support. As advertised I downgraded it without any use within 14 days to Basic Free plan so I do not have to pay for such a worthless service. At the time of downgrade it was annoying me with a compulsory $20 topup, cannot justify why but it was required for a so called 'free' downgrade, that point it was saying if i overused data it might reflect after a couple of days so they need to keep a balance though I was confident as having less than 100mb usage which is in limits. Right after this a couple of days happened and I see another charge of $1.61 and to my surprise it is showing as a recurring payment, yet I am unable to figure out for which service it is, as there is no additional service active on my account.

One more thing, it says in Basic Free we get 200 mins, 500 text, 200mb data but no text or call goes without internet connection; if i have to connect to data to make calls then it shows in data usage and if I have to connect with wifi then why do I need Freedompop to call as there are lots of other free call options using internet.

I haven't used anything so far, feels like being cheated and want to quit out of the ridiculous services of Freedompop. Please cancel my services and refund my $20 + 1.61.

Hey faxts!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We're sorry to learn you wish to cancel your account. Upon checking your account, we confirmed you downgraded to the Free Plan on 06-07-2019, which generated a $20.00 charge. As per our terms of service, this is done to help avoid unexcepted charges as a result of our data reporting delay. The $20.00 have been placed as a credit on your account, which can be used towards data overage. Please note, this is a non-refundable charge.
    The $1.61 charge applied to the registered payment method on 06-09-2019, is a Regulatory & Recovery Fee. These fees were implemented to ensure we are in accordance with government compliance. They're defrayed costs of various federal, state, and local regulatory programs. It is a non-refundable, monthly fee, determined by the city/state. For clear visibility, we provide a breakdown of each cost in your billing summary.

When it comes to being unable to call or text without data connection, this is because we're a VoIP service provider. This essentially means, data, or the internet, is used for calling and texting instead of the cellular network. Therefore, to ensure service works properly, cellular data must be on or you must be connected to WiFi. In this case, should you be willing to keep your account active, we'll be able to provide a $21.61 subscription credit, which you may use towards upcoming renewal cycles should there be any paid services on the account at the time. While this credit won't expire, it cannot be transferred to other account and it won't cover activation charges for plans and value-added services. Please let us know if you wish to proceed with this offer.

Should you wish to proceed with the cancellation of your account, you may do so online, by following the instructions provided on this link.
  • Akber AliAkber Ali Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes Freedomop keeps fooling and cheating customer. First they show free service , then they charge me 20$ for the top up. I cancelled the top up then they charge me 6.99$ . I am trying to recover my money from them, I never said to charge me. They never gave me it will be financial charge.
    Then I downgraded before 14 days trial perod but charge 34.34$

They never respond you or if they it will be automated email. they have big **** company , Don't cheat customer like that.
  • AngiePAngieP Posts: 522FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited July 4 #4
    Akber Ali said:

Yes Freedomop keeps fooling and cheating customer. First they show free service , then they charge me 20$ for the top up. I cancelled the top up then they charge me 6.99$ . I am trying to recover my money from them, I never said to charge me. They never gave me it will be financial charge.
    Then I downgraded before 14 days trial perod but charge 34.34$

They never respond you or if they it will be automated email. they have big **** company , Don't cheat customer like that.

Hey Akber Ali!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delayed response. We're sorry to learn you feel this way. Upon checking your account we confirmed you have been previously assisted by other representatives via Incident 190627-000138 and 190626-000212.

Should you have additional concerns that have not been previously addressed, please feel free to contact us back, we'll be happy to help.
This discussion has been closed.