Due to our current migration process, some of our operations will be temporarily unavailable in order to make the transition seamless. One of those being our ability to swap devices. Rest assured as we are working diligently to resume all operations for a better overall experience.

However, as we understand the excitement of waiting on pending situations, we still offer customers the ability to BYOD (bring your own device) in order to expedite the use of the desired device. Feel free to find out more by visiting the following link:
https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

help needed from admin - error while transferring number

nishantgupta001nishantgupta001 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
After initiating the "transfer number" process, I received an email with a link to check the status. When I check the status I reach a page with the message "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect." After clicking the "GO BACK TO STEP ONE" button on that page, I am taken back to the initial Transfer Number page (https://my.freedompop.com/phone-numbers/transfer-number). I try to put in the correct information but i am geting "Exceptional Error Unknown error" every time. Please someone help me immediately.

I need to have the phone number transferred immediately. I have been trying for days but nothing is working. I have already been charged for this.

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin

After initiating the "transfer number" process, I received an email with a link to check the status. When I check the status I reach a page with the message "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect." After clicking the "GO BACK TO STEP ONE" button on that page, I am taken back to the initial Transfer Number page (https://my.freedompop.com/phone-numbers/transfer-number). I try to put in the correct information but i am geting "Exceptional Error Unknown error" every time. Please someone help me immediately.

I need to have the phone number transferred immediately. I have been trying for days but nothing is working. I have already been charged for this.

Hello, @nishantgupta001. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. After reviewing your account, we were able to confirm that the port-in process was not completed due to an account number required or incorrect.

Our support team has canceled the port-in request so you can try again, please contact your current carrier to confirm the account number before starting the process again.

Let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly assist you.
  • nishantgupta001nishantgupta001 Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Eunice,
    I tried the process again and this time i put in all the correct info but still having same issue.

can you please tell me which data is causing the issue (name, address, acct number or pin).

Can you cancel the request again so i can try this process again.

Could the mistake be that I used the porting number with a 1 in the front like 1(248) xxx-xxxx

I am porting from ATT and it is under my brother's account. So i am putting in all of his information in the transfer number screen.
    Hi eunice,

i still need help with my issue. I have already been charged twice now for the phone transfer service and it's still has not transferred.

If i don't hear from you soon, i will put a dispute with my credit card company and cancel my phone transfer request.

I don't know what kind of customer service you guys are running. i have been trying to get the number transferred for about 20 days. And i have been charged twice for phone transfer request. Why don't you guys change your system so that the customer is charged only when the transfer of the number is completed. You guys are charging at the beginning of a phone transfer request.

So basically now for about 20 days, i have been paying for 2 phone services. Who is going to reimburse me the money for that?

Hi Eunice,
    I tried the process again and this time i put in all the correct info but still having same issue.

can you please tell me which data is causing the issue (name, address, acct number or pin).

Can you cancel the request again so i can try this process again.

Could the mistake be that I used the porting number with a 1 in the front like 1(248) xxx-xxxx

I am porting from ATT and it is under my brother's account. So i am putting in all of his information in the transfer number screen.

Hi eunice,

i still need help with my issue. I have already been charged twice now for the phone transfer service and it's still has not transferred.

If i don't hear from you soon, i will put a dispute with my credit card company and cancel my phone transfer request.

I don't know what kind of customer service you guys are running. i have been trying to get the number transferred for about 20 days. And i have been charged twice for phone transfer request. Why don't you guys change your system so that the customer is charged only when the transfer of the number is completed. You guys are charging at the beginning of a phone transfer request.

So basically now for about 20 days, i have been paying for 2 phone services. Who is going to reimburse me the money for that?

Hello. @nishantgupta001. We are sorry about our delayed response. We have escalated to our support team the request to cancel the port-in process as well as the refund request. Please keep in mind that a refund is subject of approval. We will contact you back as soon as we received an update.
    Thanks eunice. I would like to get this issue resolved quickly so i can enjoy my new service. currently i have to keep 2 phones.

Thanks eunice. I would like to get this issue resolved quickly so i can enjoy my new service. currently i have to keep 2 phones.

Hello, @nishantgupta001. We are glad to confirm that our support team has canceled the last port-in request and has refunded the two $9.99 charges to your account. Depending on your financial institution it might take from 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected within your bank records.

You can try to start again the port-in process, according to our records the error was due to account number or pin from the previous carrier being incorrect.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly continue assisting you.
    edited July 5 #8
    To any admin,

I need immediate help with my issue. I have tried to do the phone transfer 3 times already but it hasn't worked. Then i found out it was the issue with the ATT pin code. Please provide a refund of my 3rd transfer request and i will submit a request for phone transfer one last time. If it doesn't work this time, i will not port my old number and keep my new number.

Thanks
    Post edited by nishantgupta001 on
    hi eunice,

I am still waiting for your help to resolve my issue. I just want to try the phone transfer request one more time and then i should be all set. I have got a new PIN code from ATT and it should be successful this time. Please cancel my last transfer request and refund the fee so i can try it one more time.

Thanks

To any admin,

I need immediate help with my issue. I have tried to do the phone transfer 3 times already but it hasn't worked. Then i found out it was the issue with the ATT pin code. Please provide a refund of my 3rd transfer request and i will submit a request for phone transfer one last time. If it doesn't work this time, i will not port my old number and keep my new number.

Thanks

hi eunice,

I am still waiting for your help to resolve my issue. I just want to try the phone transfer request one more time and then i should be all set. I have got a new PIN code from ATT and it should be successful this time. Please cancel my last transfer request and refund the fee so i can try it one more time.

Thanks

Hello, @nishantgupta001. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We have escalated your cancellation and refund request to our support team for further review. Please keep in mind that a refund request is subject to approval. Rest assured we will contact you back once we receive an update.
    EuniceL said:

To any admin,

Thanks

hi eunice,

Thanks

Hello, @nishantgupta001. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We have escalated your cancellation and refund request to our support team for further review. Please keep in mind that a refund request is subject to approval. Rest assured we will contact you back once we receive an update.
    Hello, @nishantgupta001. We are glad to confirm that our support team has canceled the last port-in request and has refunded the two $9.99 charges to your account. Depending on your financial institution it might take from 3-5 business days for the refund to be reflected within your bank records.

You can try to start again the port-in process, according to our records the error was due to account number or pin from the previous carrier being incorrect.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly continue assisting you.
    HI EUnice,

the charges have been refunded for my 3rd request. but i cannot initiate a new transfer phone request. it's still stuck "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect."

HI EUnice,

the charges have been refunded for my 3rd request. but i cannot initiate a new transfer phone request. it's still stuck "Transfer Status The order needs attention before processing can continue. - Account number, PIN or Account information incorrect."

Hello, @nishantgupta001. We are sorry to hear the issue persisted. We have escalated the port-in cancellation request to our support team for further review. Rest assured we will contact you back as soon as we receive an update.
    hi eunice,

i tried to start the transfer request but now i am getting different error. it says "Not Eligible".

Thanks
    to any admin,

I have my 3rd request fee refunded but i cannot initiate a new transfer phone reqeuest. Please cancel my 3rd request so i can do the phone transfer request one last time.
    to any admin,

after my latest attempt for transferring the phone number, i got this email and it says port status failed but it does not give any reason."

Dear User,
    Thank you for joining FreedomPop. We received your porting request, but unfortunately it failed for the following reason(s):

You can contact our support service by clicking here or exploring our community forums here.

Thank you,
    "

hi eunice,

i tried to start the transfer request but now i am getting different error. it says "Not Eligible".

Thanks

to any admin,

I have my 3rd request fee refunded but i cannot initiate a new transfer phone reqeuest. Please cancel my 3rd request so i can do the phone transfer request one last time.

to any admin,

after my latest attempt for transferring the phone number, i got this email and it says port status failed but it does not give any reason."

Dear User,
    Thank you for joining FreedomPop. We received your porting request, but unfortunately it failed for the following reason(s):

You can contact our support service by clicking here or exploring our community forums here.

Thank you,
    "

Hello, @nishantgupta001. Thanks for getting back to us. We are sorry about our delayed reply. We have not received an updated from our support team regarding your request, however, rest assured we will let you know as soon as possible once they reach a resolution.

Please let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime and we will gladly continue assisting you.