Account cancelled.But ESN still active and not cleared.

Shebeen ZachariaShebeen Zacharia Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I cancelled my account two days ago. But still I am unable to use the device with another provider as the ESN status is still active and locked to Sprint/Freedompop.

Answers

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @Shebeen Zacharia‌ Hey Shebeen, could you please PM me your account email and I will get this done for you :)
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually you have to request the ESN to be cleared and then once it is you have to wait 2-4 weeks and the ESN will be cleared. If you are lucky, it will be earlier :)
  • James SewellJames Sewell Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You used to have to wait 30days to assign to another carrier.... Still true @Jorge M ‌ ? I learned the hard way as I cancelled my account same day I shipped/sold (had to refund) a phone I had on freedompop through amazon.
  • It usually takes only 24 hours before your device can be used with a different carrier, however, there have been some instances where it can take up to 30 days. So just to be safe it is best to think 30 days or less, but it usually is a much faster process.
  • James SewellJames Sewell Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    You used to have to wait it out 30days before you could assign to another carrier....still true @Jorge M ‌ ? Learned hardway when canceling same day as selling a freedompop phone on amazon.