trying to add rollover data to my sons phone

ijerbearijerbear Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
got a prepaid 3 month plan (1 GB) to try for my 12 year old son. We love it so I am trying to renew it. I wanted to add the rollover data option as some months he barely used his phone off wifi, but he may while out with his friends or in vacation. is this still an option (the plan i was trying to activate https://my.freedompop.com/services/details/rollover/OFFER-ROLL-07 states it is already active, but i am not seeing any rollover data on his account)

Answers

• EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 589 admin
    ijerbear said:

got a prepaid 3 month plan (1 GB) to try for my 12 year old son. We love it so I am trying to renew it. I wanted to add the rollover data option as some months he barely used his phone off wifi, but he may while out with his friends or in vacation. is this still an option (the plan i was trying to activate https://my.freedompop.com/services/details/rollover/OFFER-ROLL-07 states it is already active, but i am not seeing any rollover data on his account)

Hello, @ijerbear. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. After reviewing your account, we were able to confirm that the Premium LTE 1GB Unlimited Quarterly will auto-renew every three months since a payment method was added to the account.

Regarding the rollover service. Please keep in mind that the services available may vary. Only the services available t the "Services" Tab on your account are the ones that can be activated for that specific account.

Let us know if you have any further questions and we will gladly continue assisting you.
  • ijerbearijerbear Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    So... What plans include roll over service or are able to add this service. Also, it stated that I would receive 500mb for updating my account (which I did when I renewed, before the end of the 3 month plan), but it is gone now that we entered a new billing cycle is that correct? I feel like they jipped me a bit....
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ijerbear - Background on rollover balances, accumulations, and usage order of the data flavors.

The rollover offerings vary on different SIMs. My SIMs are monthly and I see the rollover option under the TAB "Services" for $3.99 *Plus a possible regulatory fu fu added.
    Your quarterly pre-paid SIM may offer a 3 month service of rollover. It would be for less than 3x $3.99 if offered.

Consider this if your son used an average of 750 MB monthly and the other 250 rolled over. Then you gain approx 3 GB for $48. Slightly less cost than 2.5c each MB ($75). But you only pay for what was used.
    Check your plans TAB for 5 GB for 3 months. Consider doing 1 GB for 9 months and 5 GB for the summer 3 months. If your cycle date fits this scenario reasonably enough. I think the cost of the 5 GB plan is approx 2x the 1 GB plan. I do not have a multi month SIM so I am not absolutely sure of that. Just check your Plan offerings in the Plan TAB.

If you had some rollover accumulated, here is how usage is using up the data.

First is the Plan data.
    Then any bonus(es) data is used when out of plan data
    Last is to use the rollover data
    Beyond last is overage costs at 2.5c / MB
    The money comes out of the deposit with FreedomPop.

Each month the account starts over with 0 balance plus the plan amount plus any NEW bonuses you earned or were given and the rollover balance waits for usage if needed. I think it's easier to just have the plan that fits and not have surprises that are less than expected.

If any month you have unused PLAN data (not bonus, or other free stuff) then up to 500 MB will add to the rollover balance and go to the next monthly cycle.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs