Can I bring Samsung Galaxy GS8+ 64GB to FreedomPop?

schatfieldschatfield Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Fry's has an unlocked Samsung Galaxy GS8+ 64GB. Is this device compatible with FreedomPop?

Best Answer

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @schatfield - Looks like the S8+ can support AT&T, Sprint or Verizon from what I can determine. FreedomPop uses the Sprint network and you would need a specific Sprint SIM for this phone. The SIMOLW416Q covers the S8+ and a few other models. Order from eBay, Amazon, or some selected Best Buys. Check with customer services for stock available before driving there.

OR

Connect up with AT&T network using the FreedomPop LTE SIM that can be bought direct from them or from retailers. (Best Buy, Target, etc.)

Go with the network that has the most reliable reception in your area. Check with friends and neighbors near you if you do not know which is better.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • schatfieldschatfield Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you, Rich Sias. As a followon: I have a LG Nexus phone that I bought from FreedomPop. It has a LTE SIM card that I also bought from FreedomPop, so I'll assume AT&T, but whatever. I think I can just put the LTE SIM from my LG Nexus into the S8+ and contact customer support at FreedomPop to "renew" the SIM card that is now in new hardware (hopefully keeping my same phone number, so others don't have to change their contact info for me) Does this sound correct?
  • schatfieldschatfield Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I chose "No" because I did not ask the question correctly. I currently have a LG Nexus and a LTE SIM, both of which I bought from FreedomPop. I assume that I can move the SIM to the S8 and then just contact FreedomPop Support to "activate" the new phone. I also assume that I can keep the same phone number. Do these sound correct?