Can't log into account that was just created

DeGamerDeGamer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hello.

I just activated 3 SIM cards for myself, nephew, and niece. I received my "Welcome to FreedomPop!" email, which contains my email address and password. If I use those credentials at the following URLs, it doesn't work.

https://my.freedompop.com/login
https://www.freedompop.com/login.htm

The odd thing is that in the same "Welcome to FreedomPop!" email message, there is a button that says "LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT". When I click on that button, it logs me in. But, If I go to the settings to try and change the password, it says this error message: "Error: Your username or password is incorrect. Please try again." It's not incorrect, so why am I getting that message? How can I log in without using the button in the welcome email?

Also, when I made a payment for all three SIM cards, I unchecked adding the $10 credit for each order, yet for two of them I was charge the $10 credit anyway! What gives? Why did that happen?

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeGamer - Most interesting login. My browser shows the long string used by the login button. If yours does, look for your login ID and password within it. Does it match the email and password in the text part of that same email ? Maybe the LOGIN button doesn't use the email but the phone number ?
    Login to your account via the Button and then in settings examine ALL the items. Verify EACH is spelled correctly. Especially the email address. Yes, I see it was emailed to the correct address. If you really do figure out what is going on, please post a summary of what cause and fix you did.

As for the $10 check and uncheck....
    I've noticed barely in time, that the screen goes back to default when returning from reading the TOS and some other actions. So my future orders have been to UNcheck those pesky boxes just BEFORE clicking the accept button.
    Oddly last year they were NOT assessing the required $20 top-up for downgrading to the FREE plan IF there was a credit balance of $10 or more. Not sure if that still applies this year.
    So, if you are planning on going to the FREE plan, then that may be a blessing in disguise.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • DeGamerDeGamer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie

@DeGamer - Most interesting login. My browser shows the long string used by the login button. If yours does, look for your login ID and password within it. Does it match the email and password in the text part of that same email ?

Hi Rich Sias. Thanks for getting back to me. The login ID and password aren't contained within the long string. I examined it and didn't see an email or password (unless they are encrypted).

Maybe the LOGIN button doesn't use the email but the phone number ?

I thought about this. However, I hadn't assigned phone numbers to any of the SIM cards yet at that point. When I activated the first SIM, by the time it asked me for an area code or city, I just went to the activation link to activate another SIM. Then I did the same thing after I activated the second SIM.

Login to your account via the Button and then in settings examine ALL the items. Verify EACH is spelled correctly. Especially the email address. Yes, I see it was emailed to the correct address. If you really do figure out what is going on, please post a summary of what cause and fix you did.

I did just that. The email was definitely correct and so was the password I was entering from the welcome email. They just weren't working. I copied the password from the welcome email and manually typed it several times each, yet nothing worked. I used the button to log in a little while ago and gave it another try at changing the password. This time it worked! I don't see why it works now and not before. I didn't do anything differently. Could this be because I didn't assign a phone number to any of the SIM cards yet? I noticed that once I logged in now, all three have a phone number. But I didn't pick those.

As for the $10 check and uncheck....
    I've noticed barely in time, that the screen goes back to default when returning from reading the TOS and some other actions. So my future orders have been to UNcheck those pesky boxes just BEFORE clicking the accept button.
    Oddly last year they were NOT assessing the required $20 top-up for downgrading to the FREE plan IF there was a credit balance of $10 or more. Not sure if that still applies this year.
    So, if you are planning on going to the FREE plan, then that may be a blessing in disguise.

You're right, after activating the first SIM, I went back to the activation link to the second SIM and the box was rechecked. And that right there is just it, I DID uncheck to add $10 credit for each of the three SIM cards. The total price definitely said "$0.99" for each SIM when I paid for them, yet only the first worked that way. The second and third SIM cards had the $10 credit added and charged despite me unchecking for that to happen. I checked the charges on my card from Freedompop and one says $0.99, but then there are two that say $10.99. Is that a website issue?

I put the three cards on the free plan from the start. So I didn't need to change the plan. My neighbour has had Freedompop for the past two years and he's the one that convinced me to get it for myself, nephew, and niece. He said as long as I set a data limit on the phones and not go over on data that the kids accounts won't be charged. He showed me his account and how it works I was surprised that I never heard of Freedompop before he showed me recently. He even ordered the SIM cards for me and that I should give the service a try.

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeGamer - I'm most impressed with your thoroughness for a brand new customer.

I'm really surprised as you with the 2nd & 3rd SIMs being unchecked with total costs showing of $0.99 and STILL the card charge shows as $10.99. You did everything right. Maybe only way is to order one maximum using a different IP address. Maybe the uncheck only works for first orders. Follow on orders on same session (IP address) may be taking this strange tack.

You say you put the cards on the free Plan from the start. I'm suspicious of that. Please verify your plan on each SIM. Log into your online account at: https://my.freedompop.com with email address and password emailed to you at order time. Change between the 3 SIMs by clicking on login ID in upper right. The 3 plus logout are option lines. Select another SIM to view its status.
    Select TAB Plan to view the current plan. Just view it, don't change it yet. Post here if NOT the free plan. Then TAB Billing for box with "Next billing date" and "Next Billing Amount"

If you are truly on the FREE plan you will see the cost as $0.00. The Next Billing amount is total of Plan, add on services, Adminstrative fees, etc. The Date is when billing will happen. If the SIMs haven't left the warehouse then that date is tentative. It will be +14 days from the ship out date when that happens.

The numbers viewed, are the area codes starting with a "5" and two double digits ? (577, 533, etc) Those are NOT valid area codes. I've not heard of numbers being randomly assigned. All this might be due to the sale of FreedomPop by STS Media to Red Pocket. It has been about 30 days but little has happened so far. Could be the effects of the new owner are starting to show up. Most of the 'official' posts by Red Pocket seems to imply that things are only going to get better than ever.
  • DeGamerDeGamer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie

@DeGamer - I'm most impressed with your thoroughness for a brand new customer.

Well my neighbor did help me out to understand all this. So I have him to thank.

I'm really surprised as you with the 2nd & 3rd SIMs being unchecked with total costs showing of $0.99 and STILL the card charge shows as $10.99. You did everything right. Maybe only way is to order one maximum using a different IP address. Maybe the uncheck only works for first orders. Follow on orders on same session (IP address) may be taking this strange tack.

My neighbor said the same thing. So what should I do about it charging me the credit for those two SIM cards?

You say you put the cards on the free Plan from the start. I'm suspicious of that. Please verify your plan on each SIM. Log into your online account at: https://my.freedompop.com with email address and password emailed to you at order time. Change between the 3 SIMs by clicking on login ID in upper right. The 3 plus logout are option lines. Select another SIM to view its status.
    Select TAB Plan to view the current plan. Just view it, don't change it yet. Post here if NOT the free plan. Then TAB Billing for box with "Next billing date" and "Next Billing Amount"

If you are truly on the FREE plan you will see the cost as $0.00. The Next Billing amount is total of Plan, add on services, Adminstrative fees, etc. The Date is when billing will happen. If the SIMs haven't left the warehouse then that date is tentative. It will be +14 days from the ship out date when that happens.

Ok I did all that. Where it says My Plan & Services for each SIM card it says Basic 200. Also, under billing it says: "Recurring Bill Amount US$0.00" So it seems to be correct or am I missing something?

The numbers viewed, are the area codes starting with a "5" and two double digits ? (577, 533, etc) Those are NOT valid area codes. I've not heard of numbers being randomly assigned. All this might be due to the sale of FreedomPop by STS Media to Red Pocket. It has been about 30 days but little has happened so far. Could be the effects of the new owner are starting to show up. Most of the 'official' posts by Red Pocket seems to imply that things are only going to get better than ever.

All three SIM cards were assigned numbers with a 929 area code. I never got to select a number for any of them. I have no idea how that happened. And now I'm having issues getting the T-Mobile phones I ordered unlocked. Does Freedompop unlock T-Mobile phones?

@DeGamer - No they do not unlock any phones. They can only release phones set in the Sprint database so they can be reused on other MVNO's on the Sprint Network.

For unlocking search eBay for "unlock Samsung Galaxy G900T" Just insert your phone model name and number in there.

Unlock methods:
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008728
    AT&T - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
    T-Mobile - Call the regular customer care number. If the process takes more than 2 business days, they need to give you a specific reason (not merely speculation) for the delay.
    Verizon - all unlocked

The AT&T site says if the phone is capable to work on their GSM network, they are able to unlock it, if criteria are met. Even phones never having an account with AT&T may be unlocked by them, it says.

Hint hint: this up here is best news ever ^^^ (might even get a T-Mobile phone unlocked )