No More FP Messaging App?

Roger KeckRoger Keck Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I received the following email msg from FP today 7/8/'19 ...
"Your device is in the process of being migrated to a fully native experience with the same plan you have today. You will be able to use the native messaging app for text messages with the same number for better experience. "

"Fully Native Experience"? God, I hate jargon. So what exactly does that mean? Why are only "text messages" mentioned. What about good old fashioned phone calls? How do we find or recognize the "native" messaging app? Where's it located? What's it called?

Comments

• febzzfebzz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I received the exact same email. My phone/number stopped working unless it's connected to WiFi. There's no cellular connectivity (it's showing the signal bar, but there's an exclamation mark next to it).
  • Chad LeeChad Lee Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Freedompop Samsung S5, the native messing app is Freedompop Messaging, there is no other. They set the rom up that way. So, what now?
  • 64user64user Posts: 138FreedomPop Newbie
    You can install Google Messages from Google Play Store.

But this is optional. You can keep using FreedomPop Messaging, at least at this point.

If things stop working, you need to reset your provisioning. This was explained in the email. For Android phones, dial ##SCRTN#
  • posertomposertom Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same problem. I'm in touch with their customer service, but they keep repeating I need to delete the freedompop messaging app and use my "native messaging app". But my Samsung galaxy 3 *has* no other "native messaging app".

When I download google messages and try to send a text, it doesn't go through. I get an error message from sprint (msg 2120) saying I'm not allowed to send texts.

Are other people having this problem? I'm starting to think they cut my messaging service and left me no options to get it back.
  • jhFPwtfjhFPwtf Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    64user said:

You can install Google Messages from Google Play Store.

But this is optional. You can keep using FreedomPop Messaging, at least at this point.

If things stop working, you need to reset your provisioning. This was explained in the email. For Android phones, dial ##SCRTN#

I have done the provisioning thing several times to no effect. I am unable to make OR receive calls and texts. When I try to make a call, I get a message saying the number in invalid (funny, my other phone can call my landline just fine), and when I try to text, I get a message that I am not allowed to text. When I open up the MyFreedomPop app, I get a message saying it can not sync my account with an error code 502.

TLDR: what the royal ^&@* FreedomPop, can I just please use my phone without having to use other services like Google Voice?
  • JeffUlrichJeffUlrich Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Galaxy S6 and it had a "Messages" app pre-installed on the phone when I got it. I have switched over to using this and it seems to be working. If you change the app you use then make sure you go to the settings menu on your phone and set the new one as the default. If you are having problems making or receiving calls then go to settings and run Update Profile followed by Update PRL. These were in the System updates category on my phone. This will hopefully fix issues anyone is having.
  • jhFPwtfjhFPwtf Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    Just like I have told several others, I have done just that, and I still am unable to send MMS.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18 #9
    I've got 2 phones that the update calling fixed them back to working.
    Oddly the phone I use the most now calls and get calls via the native dialer
    I can get texts but sending texts end with a spinning "O" + Sending.... and never stops.
    All three have native dialer and texter.
    I've tried the ##72786# multiple times, power cycled, and other thoughts but no change, yet.

My native texter mentioned somewhere I can get MMS but only send SMS ! I think I saw that in the Apps>settings for the native texter.
    LG Volt Android 4.4.2
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs