**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Somebody Help all this Newbie, Can I use Freedompop Voice and Text with My Ipod touch 4g

njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
So I dived into the Freedompop Market and I purchased a few devices and a Rocket. I am the type to research till I am satisfied. Than I do what I planned. I also purchased a Ipod touch 4th gen. Talking to a few guys from freedompop. The Guy said all I had to do was activate the rocket and download the free apps from apple.

But it is so so confusing. I read that you need to open an account to activate the Rocket, and you also need a different account to use the apps. Can't you just take the rocket, open the account and add the freedompop apps to the same account? Why 2 accounts,is it really that difficult to merge the 2 apps and the rocket account?

Than tonight, I find out on this forms, That you can not use these apps with the ipod touch 4th gen. Now keep in Mind, I only found this info once(when Google searching). But the post where I found it had a manager/moderator/tech???That verified it. Reason I am now even more confused.

Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ Unfortunately you won't be able to use your iPod for calls because the messaging app requires iOS 7 and above. You can use your iPod for data and to activate the sleeve you can go to freedompop.com/activate
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Ali, I just got the message. I learned the hard way. But its ok. I did find a great app to use. I ended up using TalkaTone. Great app for the apple ipod touch 4g. Free Text to and from, Free received phone calls, and 30 mins outgoing phone calls per month. You can buy min/credit for 99c. I got 60mins for 99c and the mins don't expire at the end of the month. App works just as good as any phone service. I also decided to use the Photon, over the sleeve. With the sleeve, I couldn't use a case on the ipod. The photon gets great 4g and its so tiny, you can fit it in your front pocket. With the Photon, I got a great looking case for the Ipod touch.....I like the ipod touch so much, I decided to get myself a Sprint Iphone 4s. Going to try the BYOD service in the next day or 2.
    Thanks for leaving a comment

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to add one more request before closing the discussion. I just activated mu iPhone yesterday and had a chance to use the IOS version of Freedompop Voice and Text. Is there anyway Freedompop Techs, can develop a app, just for the Ipods that work with IOS6 and under. Every site i have been on, advertises this as (Turn your ipod into a Iphone) a couple of them even tell you to download the app. Using the app on the Iphone, it don't look as complicated as some of the other VIOP's out there that work on Ipods(3 and 4). It also looks like this is still a very popular seller. Would make sense to make a app just for the ipods. You would make a ton of your customers very happy!!!!! (Freedompop's Ipod Voice and Text)...