Hotspot (tethering) feature on phone no longer working

JeffUlrichJeffUlrich Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
When this new phone service migration occurred I lost the ability to use the hotspot feature on my phone to connect my laptop to the internet. Whenever I try to turn on the hotspot I get an error message stating that I have not subscribed to the service. Freedompop customer services response was to reset my phone to the factory settings, which would delete all of my files and data. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a different way to fix it?

Answers

• gary_ggary_g Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I've just submitted it to support. I've done ##72786# carrier reset, updated FreedomPop app to latest version, did a PRL update, did a Profile update, and rebooted the phone, to no avail. Now I will wait 2-3 business days for their response.
  • gary_ggary_g Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Here's the response I received from FreedomPop today (7/15/19), to my previous support submittal asking, "is FreedomPop working on a solution to this issue?":

"Thank you for contacting FreedomPop. The previous owners of FreedomPop and UNREAL Mobile have agreed to transfer their Sprint partnership and users to Ting. If you are impacted, you can contact Ting directly for details.

For anyone interested in Red Pocket Mobile, we have long offered great deals on the Sprint network, and today they are better than ever.

Red Pocket will soon be sharing some great special offers as well. Check back with us soon for plans starting from just $2.99!

Sincerely,

FreedomPop"

What kind of answer is this? Can my hotspot service be used or not? Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 339FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited July 16 #4
    gary_g said:

Here's the response I received from FreedomPop today (7/15/19), to my previous support submittal asking, "is FreedomPop working on a solution to this issue?":

"Thank you for contacting FreedomPop. The previous owners of FreedomPop and UNREAL Mobile have agreed to transfer their Sprint partnership and users to Ting. If you are impacted, you can contact Ting directly for details.

For anyone interested in Red Pocket Mobile, we have long offered great deals on the Sprint network, and today they are better than ever.

Red Pocket will soon be sharing some great special offers as well. Check back with us soon for plans starting from just $2.99!

Sincerely,

FreedomPop"

What kind of answer is this? Can my hotspot service be used or not? Is anyone else experiencing this?

It is still in the process of being transferred to Ting. Estimated to complete in a couple of days. So it is best to leave it until then. If you sign up on Ting, they will enable the hotspot because they allow it on all their plans.
  • JeffUlrichJeffUlrich Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 20 #5
    comintel said:

gary_g said:

Sincerely,

FreedomPop"

It is still in the process of being transferred to Ting. Estimated to complete in a couple of days. So it is best to leave it until then. If you sign up on Ting, they will enable the hotspot because they allow it on all their plans.
    I officially transferred my service to Ting yesterday and was hopeful that this would fix the issue. Unfortunately it didn't and I am still getting the same error message. My phone is activated on their network and everything else is working fine. Ting does offer this service according to the FAQs on their web page. I submitted a ticket to them yesterday concerning this issue but as of yet have not received a reply.

Update:
    Customer service sent me a reply stating that my hotspot service was activated on their network. They suggested doing another carrier reset. This has fixed the problem and it is working again.
    Post edited by JeffUlrich on