Post Native Migration

PunditPundit Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
After the resent update I have not been able to use internet (over wifi) calling or texting. The native messaging app doesn't have internet calling option, the dialer is set for using internet connection when wifi network is available. Is it possible to go back to Freedom Pop messaging app? if not how can I restore the option? since carrier signal is dismal in my location. All help is appreciated. The phone in use a Kyocera model: C6730 with Android 4.4.2

Best Answer

• Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 302FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    Well, if it is a Sprint phone, you will soon have to decide whether or not to take whatever special offer you get from Ting or if you want to port elsewhere (including back to the new Red Pocket owned FreedomPop). So you might want to start researching who offers wifi calling for phones on the Sprint network (assuming the phone is Sprint only).

Red Pocket say they only offer it on their GSMT (T-mobile) network currently, here: https://help.goredpocket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022031312-What-is-WiFi-calling-and-can-I-use-it-with-my-Red-Pocket-service-

There are various apps that you can download to do wifi calling and messaging, but I assume they would not integrate with your normal phone number and service? FreedomPop even has one, they call it their OTT app (over the top).

Answers

• PunditPundit Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Jeffrey Burger: Thanks for answering my inquiry and the suggestions, do have another wifi app, using a second #, like to keep using the primary though; cheers!
  • Brenda DaviesBrenda Davies Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Since this update is effecting the entire customer base, why aren't they rolling back to the previous version until they find out what's wrong.