Why does it now only work on wifi after reactivation from dormant account status?

Braulio PichardoBraulio Pichardo Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have an iPhone 4s that worked well on freedompop, but I didn't use for 1 or 2 months and my account went dormant. I reactivated my account and it kept the same phone number, But I'm only able to make calls and send text when connected to WiFi. My device says it's "Registered" But if I turn wifi off or if I'm not in range of wifi the device then reads as "Not Registered" I have tried all the suggestions on the support pages but have had no success. Any help or advice with this problem will be appreciated, thanks. BTW I am on the free service.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

I have an iPhone 4s that worked well on freedompop, but I didn't use for 1 or 2 months and my account went dormant. I reactivated my account and it kept the same phone number, But I'm only able to make calls and send text when connected to WiFi. My device says it's "Registered" But if I turn wifi off or if I'm not in range of wifi the device then reads as "Not Registered" I have tried all the suggestions on the support pages but have had no success. Any help or advice with this problem will be appreciated, thanks. BTW I am on the free service.

Hello, @Braulio Pichardo. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. After reviewing your account we verified that everything is set up correctly however we noticed that the information was not properly synchronized. We have updated your account and advise you to follow these steps to properly reconfigure your device:

1) Remove and Reinstall App
    - Download FreedomPop Messaging Application from Google Play Store

2)Remove and Reinstall SIM card

3) Update your device's Operating System

4) Set APN
    Reset your device's APN by following the steps on this page: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3322/kw/apn.

5) Enable/Disable Roaming
    - Settings >> Cellular Networks >> Data Roaming
    - Enable 'Roaming' and/or 'International Roaming'

Let us know if you are able to properly use the device after this and we'll gladly help you further.
  • Braulio PichardoBraulio Pichardo Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello Eunice,
    All the steps that you asked me to do- I had already done them, But I figured let me do them once again as per your instructions. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I am NOT able to use my device properly unless I'm connected to WiFi. If my phone is not connected to WiFi the Freedompop service Does Not work; that means No Talk, No Text and No Data. When using wifi everything works as it should. Why is that happening? It worked ok until my account went dormant and I re-activated. With wifi ON, my phone's account says it's registered, with wifi OFF, my phone's account says "Not Registered. Any other help or suggestion will be appreciated, thanks. By the way; I have an iPhone 4s, so step number 1 should say "Go to Apple App Store and download Freedompop app". Thanks again for any help resolving this issue.
  • esesleefreedompopesesleefreedompop Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi I have exactly same situation as you have, I can not use without wifi at all.
    I paid $20 with free basic service and do I have to take following steps ?
    Step 4: Visit freedompop.com/activate:
    I received already activated SIM Card, but when I check again, it ask me to activate with another payment
    do I have to re activate ?
    Step 5: Complete a Carrier Reset:
    " Dial ##873283# or ##UPDATE#
    Tap the Call button
    Tap OK
    Wait for the update to complete"

So Step 4 and Step 5 will solve this problem?
    I have I phone 5 and phone number is 424.600.8008.
    please anyone help me.

thanks
  • IsabellaIsabella Posts: 29 admin

Hi I have exactly same situation as you have, I can not use without wifi at all.
    I paid $20 with free basic service and do I have to take following steps ?
    Step 4: Visit freedompop.com/activate:
    I received already activated SIM Card, but when I check again, it ask me to activate with another payment
    do I have to re activate ?
    Step 5: Complete a Carrier Reset:
    " Dial ##873283# or ##UPDATE#
    Tap the Call button
    Tap OK
    Wait for the update to complete"

So Step 4 and Step 5 will solve this problem?
    I have I phone 5 and phone number is XXX-XXX-8008.
    please anyone help me.

thanks

Hi there!

Apologies for the delay. We're sorry to learn you've been experiencing problems with the service. We've created a private message as we'll need to gather and provide private account information.
This discussion has been closed.