top-up credit refund, thx.

pf9pf9 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I deactivated my account [email protected], pls refund the $20 top-up credit balance, Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

Answers

• pf9pf9 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Thx for the link posted. I was told these credit should be refunded after account cancellation, The terms u posted didn't say the credit can't refunded ?
    Best Regards.
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    pf9 said:

Thx for the link posted. I was told these credit should be refunded after account cancellation, The terms u posted didn't say the credit can't refunded ?
    Best Regards.

Hello, @pf9. Thanks for getting back to us. you can find more information about why top-up credit is not refundable at https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm under "Automatic Top-Ups for Broadband Service"

Let us know if you have any further questions we can assist you with.
  • Hsinan iPhoneHsinan iPhone Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @EuniceL - I also reviewed the "Terms of Service" you referenced. I did not find anything that discussed "Top-Up" credits other than that "Subscription Credit" cannot be transferred to "Top-Up" credits. From my understanding the "Top-Up" credits were FreedomPop's safety-net to cover any data overages due to delay in reporting from the network. In other words, the user agreed to "Prepay" data overages to prevent any disruption in their service. However, if there's no data overage, then I'm not sure what the user just paid for if FreedomPop decides that it is "Non-Refundable".

I'm in the same boat whereas I have $20 in "Top Up" credits. Can you clarify as to why the "Top Up" is non-refundable?
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin

@EuniceL - I also reviewed the "Terms of Service" you referenced. I did not find anything that discussed "Top-Up" credits other than that "Subscription Credit" cannot be transferred to "Top-Up" credits. From my understanding the "Top-Up" credits were FreedomPop's safety-net to cover any data overages due to delay in reporting from the network. In other words, the user agreed to "Prepay" data overages to prevent any disruption in their service. However, if there's no data overage, then I'm not sure what the user just paid for if FreedomPop decides that it is "Non-Refundable".

I'm in the same boat whereas I have $20 in "Top Up" credits. Can you clarify as to why the "Top Up" is non-refundable?

Hello, @Hsinan iPhone. Thanks for getting back to us. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.