Cannot update PRL or profile

junghm69junghm69 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I recently got an email from freedompop saying that my device is being migrated to a fully native experience and that once it happens I may loose connection. And if that happened to perform a reset using ##72786#. My phone has been off for a while and when I turned it on today, I didn't get any signal bars but I was connected to my wifi. I figured I had to do the reset so I did but when the phone restarted, the activation task did not work. The phone went through 5 retries and finally went to a self service screen with "-20" as the information message. After this, my text messaging stopped working whether I used the native messaging app or freedompop's. Also, I can only make calls while connected to wifi. So then after reading the troubleshooting guides on freedompop's website I tried to do a PRL and profile update. Neither worked and I get a message stating the errorcode is AUTHENTICATION. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• Laura HammonsLaura Hammons Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    No help/advice but we are experiencing the same issue. Hopefully a solution will be available soon.
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin
    junghm69 said:

I recently got an email from freedompop saying that my device is being migrated to a fully native experience and that once it happens I may loose connection. And if that happened to perform a reset using ##72786#. My phone has been off for a while and when I turned it on today, I didn't get any signal bars but I was connected to my wifi. I figured I had to do the reset so I did but when the phone restarted, the activation task did not work. The phone went through 5 retries and finally went to a self service screen with "-20" as the information message. After this, my text messaging stopped working whether I used the native messaging app or freedompop's. Also, I can only make calls while connected to wifi. So then after reading the troubleshooting guides on freedompop's website I tried to do a PRL and profile update. Neither worked and I get a message stating the errorcode is AUTHENTICATION. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hello, @junghm69. Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
  • EuniceLEuniceL Posts: 688 admin

No help/advice but we are experiencing the same issue. Hopefully a solution will be available soon.

Hello, "Laura Hammons". Our support team will gladly assist you to resolve this issue. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.