My Phone No Longer Works after "upgrade"

RSA_2048RSA_2048 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased a phone through freedompop, and it has worked fine for over a year, however after the recent "upgrade", my phone no longer works.

I'm being asked to move to Ting, however I would like to remain on Freedompop. Is there a way that I can continue to use this phone with freedompop?

I am willing to switch phone numbers, and/or carriers, and/or purchase a sim card if necessary. Please advice.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5, locked to the Sprint network.

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,355FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RSA_2048 - FreedomPop's owner, STSMedia has sold all the CDMA customers to ting. Sometime next month, the rest of the company (SIM customers) employees, assets I think are all being transferred to Red Pocket the buye of that portion. They plan to add soon after that all 3 networks to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. So this fall sometime you should be able return to FreedomPop with your Sprint phone.
    Consider signing up for the first month special, the $20 plan where costs are just the taxes and fees. Then 3-4 days before the end of the cycle, change to the $6 unl talk & text - NO data. Until FreedomPop offers specials to come back to FreedomPop in the fall sometime. That would be your minimum costs for waiting and preserving your number.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    The problem is that Freedompop is no longer a Sprint based service, so you will need to purchase a new AT&T GSM based phone from freedompop to remain with them. Other than that you are at Freedompop and Ting's mercy as to when they will get around to dealing with you. I went 3 weeks without service and got the Runaround from both Ting and Freedompop and I couldn't migrate to Ting (which in hindsight I am thankful for). Given that my phone number was basically locked up and couldn't get any incoming calls or texts for 3 weeks I sought out alternatives and settled on Tello, they somehow got my number ported over in less than 3 business days and up and running on their network.
  • Warren RoseWarren Rose Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    The problem is that Freedompop is no longer a Sprint based service, so you will need to purchase a new AT&T GSM based phone from freedompop to remain with them. Other than that you are at Freedompop and Ting's mercy as to when they will get around to dealing with you. I went 3 weeks without service and got the Runaround from both Ting and Freedompop and I couldn't migrate to Ting (which in hindsight I am thankful for). Given that my phone number was basically locked up and couldn't get any incoming calls or texts for 3 weeks I sought out alternatives and settled on Tello, they somehow got my number ported over in less than 3 business days and up and running on their network.