Hotspot phone number

Patricia RowleyPatricia Rowley Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
I just got the Ting email. I have a netgear mobile hotspot. I’m traveling until the end of August and my hotspot is at home. How can I get the hotspot phone number?

Answers

• JeffUlrichJeffUlrich Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 19 #2

I just got the Ting email. I have a netgear mobile hotspot. I’m traveling until the end of August and my hotspot is at home. How can I get the hotspot phone number?

Did you just have the hotspot service with FreedomPop or did you also have a phone? When I went to ting.com/mobile/freedompop and started the transfer process it listed the phone number for my phone and hotspot under my account. I had to enter the number for my smartphone to get to this point so if you have just the hotspot this will not be helpful to you.
  • PleasePressZeroPleasePressZero Posts: 47FreedomPop Newbie
    Like the original poster, I have only a hotspot. I would be grateful if someone could point me to how to find the IMEI number, which seems to be ok to use to access Ting in the absence of a phone #.

I don't see it on the FP site, nor on any of the screens I can get on the device itself. I'm hoping it's noted somewhere in the initial paperwork that came with the device, and also hoping I can find that stuff!
  • Patricia RowleyPatricia Rowley Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    I only have the hotspot. I think the device number is on a label on the back of the device. If I was at home I could confirm that. I had a different device where it was on the inside of the battery cover.
  • JeffUlrichJeffUlrich Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 23 #5

Like the original poster, I have only a hotspot. I would be grateful if someone could point me to how to find the IMEI number, which seems to be ok to use to access Ting in the absence of a phone #.

I don't see it on the FP site, nor on any of the screens I can get on the device itself. I'm hoping it's noted somewhere in the initial paperwork that came with the device, and also hoping I can find that stuff!

You can open a browser tab on your laptop and enter 192.168.1.1, which will open the hotspot manager. The password is usually "password" if you haven't changed it. The phone number will be listed on the first page. On my hotspot manager there is an About link in the upper right corner. The IMEI and other info is listed there. It should also be on a label under the battery.
    Post edited by JeffUlrich on
  • PleasePressZeroPleasePressZero Posts: 47FreedomPop Newbie

You can open a browser tab on your laptop and enter 192.168.1.1, which will open the hotspot manager. The password is usually "password" if you haven't changed it. The phone number will be listed on the first page. On my hotspot manager there is an About link in the upper right corner. The IMEI and other info is listed there. It should also be on a label under the battery.
    Thanks, I was able to do that, and posted about it, or at least tried to, but the lag for reviewing has kept that post out of sight for now.

By the way that was the location for one of my hotspots, a Netgear Mingle, but for my Franklin hotspot I needed to go to http://mysettings. Also, for the OP, you will need to be online via your hotspot to access the manager, as far as I know.