Due to our current migration process, some of our operations will be temporarily unavailable in order to make the transition seamless. One of those being our ability to swap devices. Rest assured as we are working diligently to resume all operations for a better overall experience.

However, as we understand the excitement of waiting on pending situations, we still offer customers the ability to BYOD (bring your own device) in order to expedite the use of the desired device. Feel free to find out more by visiting the following link:
https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Transfer number back to FreedomPop

Simone van der GardeSimone van der Garde Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Hi,

As recommended by a FreedomPop expert (when that service was still working, I can not access them anymore), I transferred my phone number (as required, it would become inactive otherwise), to Ting, and now would like to transfer that one to a new FreedomPop Sim account.
I still have $11.19 credit on the first phone account (inactive now), and $40 on the new SIM (I got charged for $20 top-up charges twice, because I was unaware they would expire and on top of that also unavailable to use for regular plan billing :(

As discussed with the FreedomPop expert, I then ported out the number from Ting, and am trying to transfer it to the FreedomPop SIM, but I get the following notification in step 3:
Transfer Status - The selected phone number is already in use.
There was a problem with your number transfer, please update your transfer information and re-submit your transfer.

I have tried to transfer the number at least five times now, could you please help me get the transfer through?

Since I was not made aware that the top-up charges are non-refundable and expire in 30 days, could the costs for the number transfer please be paid from the $11.19 still in the 832-937-5575 account? Or better yet, can the total in remaining charges please be refunded to my credit card?

Thank you very much for your help,

Simone

Answers

• shakesfistshakesfist Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also in this boat. My sprint Freedompop was transfered, so I bought a freedompop sim and popped it into an old phone I had and I got assigned a different number. But I would love to get my old number back, but it gives me the same "The selected phone number is already in use". Is it possible to get my old number back?
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Since I was not made aware that the top-up charges are non-refundable and expire in 30 days...

Regarding the expiration part, you can renew the top-up credit as long as it has been less than, I believe, 90 days. On the "billing" page, click on "top-up credit" in the history table, scroll to the bottom and if you have expired credit, you should be able to click to reactivate it. After 30 days the credit becomes inactive and you have to click there to reactivate it. If you do that, it never expires.
  • Simone van der GardeSimone van der Garde Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you for your response Jeffrey. I am aware of that option now. Still, since I never go over my data usage, this does not help me, because I still would not use the credits.
    I would still like to transfer my number back, and ideally also have my credits refunded. I appreciate your response, but I hope a FreedomPop administrator can address these issues. Thank you.
  • awayvisitawayvisit Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I would also like to transfer my phone number that was migrated to Ting back to an existing
    Freedompop LTE 3-in-1 SIM card. I also get the following notification in step 3:

Transfer Status - The selected phone number is already in use.
    There was a problem with your number transfer, please update your transfer information
    and re-submit your transfer.

I have tried a couple of times unsuccessfully, could you please help me get the transfer
    through? I like to keep the phone number, please let me know what I can do before I lost
    the number.

Thank you,

Awayvisit
  • Srdjan JacimovicSrdjan Jacimovic Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I am in the same boat as others...

My phone phone is transferred to Ting and I have port out information from them.
    Inputting it in FP 'Transfer Number' web pages gives 'Transfer Status The selected phone number is already in use' and does not let me go further.
    Is it possible that numbers are still considered as FP numbers? In that case, can you just swap those numbers?
    Also, can we use top-up credit to pay to transfer number?

Please let us know how to proceed to keep our old phone numbers.

Thank you.
  • Srdjan JacimovicSrdjan Jacimovic Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,

I am in the same boat as others
    I got info from Ting for porting out the number, but inputting it in FP 'Transfer Number' web page gives me the same message as mentioned in previous posts ('Transfer Status The selected phone number is already in use.')
    Is it possible that number is considered to 'belong' to FP? In that case, can you just swap the number between new and old devices?
    Please let us know how to proceed and keep existing numbers.

Thank you.