Due to our current migration process, some of our operations will be temporarily unavailable in order to make the transition seamless. One of those being our ability to swap devices. Rest assured as we are working diligently to resume all operations for a better overall experience.

However, as we understand the excitement of waiting on pending situations, we still offer customers the ability to BYOD (bring your own device) in order to expedite the use of the desired device. Feel free to find out more by visiting the following link:
https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

CDMA to GSM port

Naga KarriNaga Karri Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,
Can you migrate my services from CDMA to GSM so that i can use freedom pop with ATT network?
Ph: 224-339-6789

Please let me know the process.

Answers

• NocchioSmithNocchioSmith Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I just ordered a new SIM for my account ([email protected]) and phone # (651) 362-0062. Please move the top-credit of $18.90 to my new SIM and migrate my services from CDMA to GSM so that I can use freedom pop with ATT SIM network?
    PS - I do not yet have the port out info from Ting.
  • GodsKidGodsKid Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too yet unreal mobile cdma to FreedomPop gsm is particular situation this guy has...
  • GodsKidGodsKid Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too yet unreal mobile cdma to FreedomPop gsm is particular situation this guy has...
  • DonsterDonster Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I would also like to know. I don't want ting and have a spare Nexus 5x.
  • Evert WooEvert Woo Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    edited August 9 #6
    If your number has already migrated to Ting, then one thing I can say is that if you try to use the Number Transfer feature on the SIM card "device" page, and try to port in your old number using the info from Ting, you'll get an error saying the number is already in-use and will refuse to let you proceed. See https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/41375/porting-ting-number-to-freedompop-lte and https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/41312/transfer-number-back-to-freedompop for someone else hitting the same. Right now I paid the support service, and the representative says it might be because the SIM is not yet activated (no ICCID assigned), so I need the ICCID from the SIM, along with "service [that] is working with Ting", before I could proceed. I hope that doesn't mean that I have to pay for Ting service first before I try. I'm asking Ting now. Ting didn't give any response for over 24h; not sure if the question wasn't submitted or they're on holiday or they're ignoring me. Didn't even get an acknowledgment.

I also hope that it's not because the system see that the old number is already there, and telling me "you silly, it's already here, why'd you want to port in?", which is partially correct, as while the phone number is in Ting's hands, FreedomPop-to-FreedomPop calls on WiFi still pick up the old number.

It's not going to be cheap. I just hope it won't be an arm and a leg by the time I'm done.
    Just looked up the Help and saw that it now costs a $7 fee to disable top-up, via the Safety Mode service.
    Then I hope Red Pocket Mobile doesn't decide to also throw the same thing at me in a few months and cost me another round.

Good luck to all of us.

Edit 8/8: Yeesh, my new posts aren't showing. I was forced to sign up with Ting because of the short deadline they gave (now past; it was 8/6). The porting information changes when you sign up via the migration link they gave (setting up the account doesn't seem do the migration and plan selection).
    Post edited by Evert Woo on
  • Wen D.Wen D. Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭
    Did any of you set up an account with Ting? I got an email from Ting giving me a link to set up a password for my account. It's like this:

"We have created an account for you at Ting. You will need to log into that account to activate and manage your service at ting.com.
    Your username is your email address: xxxx
    To set your password, ......."

I have not done this yet. I'm not sure if I need to select a plan from them in order to activate my Ting account. On the other hand, it seems we have to first activate our service on Ting, then we can port the number back to FreedomPop.
    Any thoughts and info?
  • Evert WooEvert Woo Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    If this posts...

@Wen D. The porting information changes when you sign up via the migration link they gave (setting up the account doesn't seem do the migration and plan selection).
    ... probably won't help you now, since they gave the initial deadline at the past Tuesday (8/6).