BASIC 500 AND TING

Nathan BarnhartNathan Barnhart Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I was informed that my Basic 500 plan will be forced to migrate to TING, is there a way to migrate my identical Basic 500 plan to TING?

I tried to move to ting but they only seem to offer a $6 and $20 option, I cannot find the Basic 500 free plan with them. Are all Freedompop plans being moved to TING? If not, why are some being moved and others not?

Answers

• JL99995JL99995 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Bump.

I have the exact same questions.
    I'd like to know, too.
  • Wen D.Wen D. Posts: 90FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭
    All CDMA(Sprint) plans have been moved to Ting, and there are only the $6 and $20 options offered by Ting.
  • DustyRDustyR Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought two hot spots from FreedomPop under a plan to get 500 mb free a month for each hot spots. Now, I am being told that Freedom Pop no longer uses Sprint and that I have to go to Ting without a comparable plan. I believe I am entitled to a comparable plan with FreedomPop with another carrier. Perhaps, we all need to file a class-action against FreedomPop.
    So FreedomPop is kicking us to the curb?

Are there any free options?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,333FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all - No FREE options at this very moment.
    When Red Pocket takes over control of FreedomPop and Unreal Mobile, they have promised to add in CDMA Sprint support and offer some specials to attract us back to them. I am expecting later this Summer or maybe early fall to actually be using my CDMA hot spot once again.

For number preservation, I will sign up for $20 plan and pay taxes & fees for first month and 5 days before done request to change to the $6 plan with no data. That is least cost to preserve my number until the others get organized to offer interesting deals to attract me & my former phone from FreedomPop.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Nathan BarnhartNathan Barnhart Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    But the GSM Freedompop is still being offered from what i understand correct? I just need to get a tmobile phone and then I can still get the Basic 500 right? If anyone is certain that freedompop will still be offering GSM service please let me know. Thanks
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

But the GSM Freedompop is still being offered from what i understand correct? I just need to get a tmobile phone and then I can still get the Basic 500 right? If anyone is certain that freedompop will still be offering GSM service please let me know. Thanks

Free GSM plan would be basic 200 at this time, 200 mb instead of 500. As for this continuing, about all we have to go on is Red Pocket's press release, here's one report on that:
    https://bestmvno.com/red-pocket-mobile/red-pocket-mobile-announces-freedompop-to-offer-free-plans-on-all-4-major-networks/
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 137FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Yes, but the GSM free plan is 200 MB, not 500.