Still any free plan for FP CDMA users?

Ting LiTing Li Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
I had been using FP's free plan for 200 min voice, 500 text messages, and 500 MB data for free each month. My phone is CDMA.

Recently I received an email saying my account has been migrated to Ting, and ask me to choose an option.

Is it still possible to have a free plan like my previous one? If yes, how can I switch to such a free plan?

Does the new company (Red Pocket?) which acquires FP offer any similar plan free up to some usage limits? If yes, is it for CDMA or GSM or both? In other words, can I just switch my CDMA phone to its free plan, or I have to buy a GSM phone to start its free plan?

Thanks.

Comments

• michael  thomasmichael thomas Posts: 69FreedomPop Newbie
    Will Freedompop ever charge for any service again (since the business sale)?. I am thinking there will never be a charge on my credit card from this company again?
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Ting Li said:

Does the new company (Red Pocket?) which acquires FP offer any similar plan free up to some usage limits? If yes, is it for CDMA or GSM or both? In other words, can I just switch my CDMA phone to its free plan, or I have to buy a GSM phone to start its free plan?

Currently they are continuing the free plan for GSM. In a press release they had stated that they would eventually be offering "Free wireless service. On any phone. On any major network. For the first time ever."
    https://bestmvno.com/red-pocket-mobile/red-pocket-mobile-announces-freedompop-to-offer-free-plans-on-all-4-major-networks/
  • Ellen Deegan Ellen Deegan Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    c
    Can I port my fp devices # to a free plan with Ting?? cdma--Unsure how-or what to do?
    How long will my fp # be mine--need transitional help!
  • Vle045Vle045 Posts: 181FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer ✭✭✭
    Ting will not have a free plan. RedPocket only gained the GSM SIM accounts. As long as you had a GSM SIM, you may have a Free plan with them, but they also have a $3.00 plan with voicemail.
    You can’t port out of Ting (and keep your number) to Red Pocket. I tried and it sees my phone as already active and doesn’t give me any options.
    I’m still trying to figure out what all I need/want to do...
    Vle045
    Have I been helpful? Have I answered your question successfully? If so, please choose my answer.