Unlock hotspots

yoprabhatyoprabhat Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
It is sad that you are moving your Sprint services to Ting.
I had recently bought two ZTE Warp 2 hotspot devices from you and activated them on your Sprint service plan. I do not wish to go for any of Ting's plan at this point
Given the investment in device, and the possibility that i might activate them on another carrier, can you kindly unlock my devices? Else, it would be a waste of money and the edvices will be useless.

If these devices, are compatible with GSM carriers, I would request you to simply activate them on ATT. I do not need that the same account be ported over. You can issue me new account/lines.
If not, please let me know how can i go about unlocking these devices

Answers

• Daniel DolanDaniel Dolan Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie, FP Flyer
    I have a similar question about my Franklin Wireless R850... My account status page tells me that my service is being migrated to TING. Will my device work on GSM service? If so, how can I go about switching my Free 3000MB Plan to your GSM service, please?

Thanks,
    ~ Dan
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @yoprabhat - I searched for "ZTE Warp 2" and could only find ZTE Warp 7, a phone. I did find ZTE Warp Connect - a hot spot. This one is for Sprint and does not appear to be used by any other network.

@Daniel Dolan - The R850 is also a single network hot spot. Sprint network.

You two can wait about a month or so when Red Pocket takes over control of FreedomPop and they have promised to add in CDMA Sprint support soon after. Then You might find some interesting specials to attract you back. They also plan to add in the other 2 networks, too. T-Mobile and Verizon !
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    edited August 5 #4
    That's great! Thanks, @Rich Sias (16th). Since I ordered my hot spot through FreedomPop, then can FreedomPop unlock the UICC for another SIM, or would Sprint do that? There is a function in the Hotspot setup menu for this, but it says (as you note) that the device is locked to Sprint's network, and must be unlocked "by the carrier."

If it IS Sprint I'll need to reach out to, whom do I contact, please?

Thanks!
    ~ Dan
  • christopher altierichristopher altieri Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a novel mifi 5580 that I got though FP over a year ago. How do I get it unlocked to I can go to someplace other then TING?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey admins: two requests for device releases (unlock)
    @CarlosG , @EuniceL , @Hugo Color
    Some help would be awesome ;) I'd like nothing better than to continue on with my 3GB of free data per month! Thanks!
    @Daniel Dolan - 3 GB Free service ? with the Franklin R850 ? Servicing for that device has been sold off to ting.com ($10 1 GB +$/GB extra OR $20 for 20 GB/mo first month just taxes and fees)
    OR can choose Red Pocket for as low as $2.99 specials. or go with other choices. I can guide you on how to get started for either, I've done both now.

If you have a Netgear Unite Hot spot then I can help get that going for you on FreedomPop.