My account was canceled - how to unlock my phone

jrockinljrockinl Posts: 2Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
My account and phone number seemed to have been cancelled as I ended up not using it after the initial week. I would like to have my phone unlocked but the online phone support is useless when there account is cancelled. None of your normal online questions address how to do it.

What is needed to unlock a galaxy S5?

Answers

• RealityRippleRealityRipple Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I would also like information on this, also with a Galaxy S5 - Sprint told me they could do it back on the 18th, but when I called back, they said you guys had to.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jrockinl & @RealityRipple - Both sound like you have CDMA phones bought from FreedomPop or you brought a Sprint phone thru the BYOD program. All these accounts were sold off to ting and the transfer happened about mid July.

There were a series of emails sent to your email address summarizing what to do. You both are looking to release the phone for use with another carrier using the Sprint network. ting right now has a way to port out the phone to another carrier with the phone number.
    Go here https://ting.com/freedompop
    Put in your email address for the account and the phone number or MEID of the phone.
    Skip over the two plans offered by ting and scroll to bottom and click "get port out info". Just use that info and leave the rest of the name address etc blank for the port request application.

If after porting over, it shouldn't need to be released, but if system demands it, then I think it may still fall on FreedomPop to unhook from the Sprint database. (release phone)
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • RealityRippleRealityRipple Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias (16th) - Not interested in retaining the phone number, and I already went through Ting's website and chose the "cancel/don't transfer" option. There doesn't seem to be any way to contact FreedomPop except through this forum, hence my request here.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey admins, @CarlosG , @EuniceL , @Hugo Color
    Request for release of device (unlock) for use with another carrier on Sprint.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs