Sprint devices and phone numbers. Not interested in Ting!

WSFPWSFP Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I have a freedompop sprint phone and I need to know what is going to happen to the phone number if I don't transfer. Or when this transfer is going to happen. I've had this number for 30 yrs and don't want to lose it. I had actually just recently ported this number in due to having to move to a different state, but I wanted to keep my number.
I am NOT interested in Ting but made an account there w/o subbing to any services. Not sure where to go from here, it's very confusing. I understand Red Pocket is going to take over soon, but don't know when.

Answers

• Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    The transfer of your number to TING will happen automatically. If/when you have been moved, account page will have the following notice at the top:
    Action Required: This account no longer works with FreedomPop. Ting has an exclusive deal to save your number. More info in your email or ting.com/freedompop

When you go through the steps at that link one option will be to port your number elsewhere and clicking on that will give you the porting info that your new service will need.

Red Pocket already owns the rest of FreedomPop.
  • BAdrianBAdrian Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I got the "this account no longer works with FreedomPop" message. Does this mean that I have to get a paid service and the free calls are no longer available?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15 #4
    Yes, for the CDMA devices that use Sprint's network. The free lunch is all over.
    ON ting/freedompop when it offers the 2 specials on the plan, scroll to bottom for the "Port out info" text link. Don't select a plan just port out to where you want to go. Click that link for the account number and PIN. That is all that they show. For name and address either use blank or your name & address from the FreedomPop account.

Here is the sign up that Red Pocket is offering: https://www.redpocket.com/fp
    The free plan amounts are their low priced plan for $2.99/mo. They also do more calling/texting and data amounts if needed. Yes, they will port over the 30 year number too from the ting limbo area.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    WSFP said:

I have a freedompop sprint phone and I need to know what is going to happen to the phone number if I don't transfer. Or when this transfer is going to happen. I've had this number for 30 yrs and don't want to lose it.

I don't care about my number but according to email I received from Ting, it seems that they give you some time to save your number even after they cut you off.
    You can see my comment here:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/us/discussion/comment/142359#Comment_142359