Due to our current migration process, some of our operations will be temporarily unavailable in order to make the transition seamless. One of those being our ability to swap devices. Rest assured as we are working diligently to resume all operations for a better overall experience.

However, as we understand the excitement of waiting on pending situations, we still offer customers the ability to BYOD (bring your own device) in order to expedite the use of the desired device. Feel free to find out more by visiting the following link:
https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2914/kw/byod

Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process.

Has a Number broken my transfer to Ting?

snovacki3snovacki3 Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
Per the customer service rep I waited almost half an hour for, Ting can't take my service because of a phone-number conflict between Sprint and Freedom Pop.

My cell # is 571-775-5991. I can place calls, receive calls, and send and receive texts until recently (see below). I've tried to use the ting.com/freedompop webpage to complete the number transfer, but the web site was always 'busy' or otherwise unable to complete the transfer. I have since received an email saying that my 5991-number has been suspected.

Speaking with the CSR, the info that Ting received from Freedom Pop says that there is a second, Primary-type number on my phone, 703-864-2023, a number I don't recognize. Because of that my 5991 number is suspended and the Ting CSR said she could only transfer the 2023 number to a Ting account, that Spring/Fpop won't allow the 5991 number to switch. Even worse, there's some kind of deadline in a few days that might cause my 5991 number to get recycled. I most certainly don't want that.

how can I resolve this cell-phone number conflict so that I can keep using my 5991 number?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Answers

• snovacki3snovacki3 Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    what the heck is a "non-portable administrative number" and why would Freedom Pop give me one?