**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I bring my own MiFi 4082 or its a must to buy from FreedomPop?

yamiyami Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
Can I bring my own MiFi 4082 or its a must to buy from FreedomPop?
When I check MEID of the device I bought in ebay it says:

"Snap, looks like we do not currently support your phone model, but we will let you know when we add it."

It does not look like that my MiFi 4082 has not clean ESN because error says it is not supported??

Comments

• Good Morning @yami‌ If you are activating a hot spot that you purchased from a third party (transferring ownership or purchased from a retailer such as Groupon), you can begin the process by visiting our activation page. Follow the easy steps to setup your account and access our FreedomPop network.

It looks like you may have used our BYOD phone activation page, for hotspots please go here: http://www.freedompop.com/activate

Note: If your device was not purchased through our website, you will need a separate internet source in order to complete the activation process.
  • yamiyami Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, I got my MiFi4082 from a friend with clear ESN.
    When I enter its MAC or MEID in the link you provided, I get error "please enter valid mac".
    This is Sprint device but not bought from FreedomPop or Groupon.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only FP branded hotspots are allowed at this time.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • raheel chaudhryraheel chaudhry Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich. That is not true. If it is a ex-sprint phone and listed on compatible devices page then call the sales number for freedompop. They will add that mac to the list and you will able to activate it.