**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Plan usage

ARNALDO NELMIDAARNALDO NELMIDA Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
This morning I noticed 352MB used in 30 minutes(3:00AM-3:30AM) see attachment. I can not account for. I was surfing the web during that time. I was on FB but did not watch any video. Can anybody tell me what I should do?

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my FB, some videos play in place without sound. I don't start them, they just decide to start by themselves. If I were to scroll the 'news' for an hour, I'd expect to use LOTS of MB. I'd guess I notice one-two dozen that might play without my asking in hour of FB browsing.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • @ARNALDO NELMIDA‌ Hey there! The facebook video feature as @Rich Sias ( LastDay: 16th )‌ says may be a culprit.

You can disable the auto play with the following directions.

1) Enter the Settings of your Facebook Account
    2) You should see a couple of options on the left hand side (General, Security, Apps etc). Select Videos
    3) Here toggle Auto-Play Videos off.
  • ARNALDO NELMIDAARNALDO NELMIDA Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'll give it a try and let you know, thank you!
  • Robert BaggermanRobert Baggerman Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    This happened to me the first day and a half I had FP service. It racked up 800 MB of use for no apparent reason. That amount of usage is about what I used to use in a whole month using my phone as a hotspot. I don't buy the suggestion that it is a bunch of devices doing things in the background. For the last 2+ weeks the only thing connected to the FP modem has been my wifi thermostat. The detailed usage accounting showed no data usage over that period but the bar graph at the top of my account page increased by 150 MB, taking me past the limit of my free data. I am currently 2 days into my current month with only the wifi thermostat connected, the usage details shows no data usage but the bar graph at the top shows I've used 16 MB (2%) of my monthly data. FP clearly has issues with usage accounting. It looks like I'll have to put my network sniffer on it to sort it all out, though.
  • JAY SANCHEZJAY SANCHEZ Posts: 410FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @ARNALDO NELMIDA‌ Another possibility is that you're using a Windows computer and Windows Update is enabled to do automatic updates. Many systems are configured by default to run at 3 AM, so probably it started downloading updates around that time.