**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't make a call, I can receive calls, and send/receive text

karampkaramp Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I used the BYOD program. I have a used Galaxy S3. The phone is activated.

I have installed the apps: FreedomPop Free Voice and Text and the FreedomPop Messaging.

I can't make any calls. I also tried placing the digit "1" in front.

I use the typical process to make a call. Then I am asked to choose how to execute it.
I have the phone option and the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text option.

If I choose the first option, I get a message saying that the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app closed.
If I choose the second option, nothing happens.

In addition, I have tried running the FreedomPop Free Voice and Text app but it says that I should be using the FreedomPop Messaging app instead.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Panagiotis

Comments

• trin  trin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Settings/Apps/All
    Find freedompop free voice and text, force close it, clear cache and data, then uninstall it
    Do the same with messaging
    Re-install freedompop messaging
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @karamp‌ Hey, looks like your account just needed a refresh on our end! Sorry for the late reply. However if the problem persists please try a MSL reset by following the steps below:

please dial ##786#. Select the "Reset" button and then enter your MSL code:408091

Press the Menu button and then hit the "Reset" button and your phone will restart.

Once the phone has restarted it may enter hands free activation. If this does not happen, then you can do so by updating your phone's PRL and Profile manually. This can be done by going to Settings > Phone/ System updates > Update PRL and then repeat for update Profile.
  • trin  trin Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    just a reminder, if you can, make a backup before doing an msl reset
  • Bert  PenhollowBert Penhollow Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    How does one make a backup before msl reset? And what would I be backing up? BTW, what does msl stand for or mean?