**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Samsung Galaxy Victory 4g LTE Sprint not compatible on Freedompop?

I bought the above phone since it was listed as a BYOD phone for freedompop. Unfortunately, it's telling me that this phone is not supported by you. Any solutions?

Comments

• @Tae Jung‌ Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! That is not correct, that phone is supported by us. Would you mind sending me the MAC id and the ICCID number in a private message so that I can look in to this for you? Thanks!
  • Charles ShangCharles Shang Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I am using Galaxy victory 4G LTE and it has been very unreliable on Freedompop. I was unable to call out or receive most of the calls.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't call etc from home at all. Our neighborhood LTE is spotty. Not FP's fault, probably not even Sprint's fault either. The tower nearest me had all the antennas removed last year, probably a political fight tween Sprint and a township enforcement 'dictator'. I suspect that's why my 7 block long street has no LTE service even though Sprints map says max signal everywhere. Hah !
    Will I give up on my Victory? Nope, it works great at three shopping centers and business areas I frequent. It isn't all that important at home, I have other home phones.

I rode the Philly subway, it has wifi ! It's real crazy, though. I pick up wifi as train nears local stop an my express zooms by. I just get connected, then I'm too far from station after 2 seconds and it drops. It was just a series of register, connect, drop, and repeat. The funniest wifi thing I've seen in a while.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Tae JungTae Jung Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias I have to agree with you on this. It's definitely not FP's fault. I'm beginning to wonder if the phone has some antenna issues though because a lot of folks with Victory are having the same intermittent connectionproblem all over the place. Mine actually changes from 3g to 4g as I walk from room to room. Maybe it's an oversensitive antenna. :) It's a good phone otherwise though.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I was walking around the neighborhood, I noticed that my Victory hangs onto the radio signal almost too much before letting go and switching to the other. Sounds like yours is overly sensitive. There might be settings to adjust this, but probably not. It's got to be at Android level settings, I just looked, not there.
    I looked for any 'knob' adjust from inside back cover. Nope, just **** heads and three micro-jacks (L1, R1, & L2/R2) antenna sockets ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Tae JungTae Jung Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias Yep, I'm not seeing anything to adjust settings. I did turn off the sprint optimizer though. I'm not sure if that will do anything but something to try.