**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Victory battery issue

pleomorphpleomorph Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I just received my Samsung Victory, but it arrived with the battery already inserted and completely drained (presumably from resting on the power button during shipment). I left it charge for a few hours, but the phone only turns on a few minutes before powering off. Would one of the admins be able to help arrange a new battery for me? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Tien HaTien Ha Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    why no one from freedompop help you out yet? My phone is one its way. I hope yours can be solve sothat if mine malfunction I can have a solution.
  • colleen tidwellcolleen tidwell Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just received same phone with battery in, phone will not stay on battery seems to not hold charge. Contacted Freedom or should I say there voicemail and nothing yet C Tidwell
  • GaryGary Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Have been using a Samsung Victory for about a month. Battery life is pathetic. Charged it up last night, by morning it was completely dead. Is everyone having this problem?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another posted today that of his 3 Victories, one is dead by morning. The other two are 80% & 90%. It's also highly dependent on what is left open / running when put to sleep.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Don't know, but you might be referring to me regarding the dead overnight phone vs my other Victory phones. Will try to switch to "airplane mode" tonight to see if that helps to stop all the updating which occur overnight. Will post the results tomorrow.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pleomorph‌ here are the admins names you need to get your account straightened? Did you purchase your phone from freedompop? here are there names...and the customer service number...Throw a @ sign in-front of one of there names when posting here and or call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT...here are there names..KathyFP‌-- JasmineS‌-- "Jorge M "‌-- FreedomPop‌-- K_Ber‌-- Taylor‌-- Darla_A‌-- Vanessa‌-- EdwinFreedomPop‌-- GeorgeD‌--
    Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,124FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gary‌ can try this experiment. Charge up all phones then power off. Switch 90 with dying one. Power up for all day or all night test. Do you get dead & 90 again. Did it follow battery or stay put with phone?
    If moved - it's the battery
    If put - something's different about the phones, hardware, or installed apps ?
    Airplane mode seems to work as a method to preserve the battery overnight. Only dropped from 100 to 90 in my first test of the phone which had a full discharge the other night.

Thanks Rich for the suggestion. Will also try the battery switch test.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,
    Just shut the phone down at night? No harm no foul? Battery Crisis averted and you use no extra data....Every phone I get, I make it a point to charge before I go to bed at night, and or leave it on the charger. Make sure the charger you have is the type to turn off after the battery when it is charged. I picked up a few on ebay, that came with a battery.

You might even check ebay for a battery bigger than the one you have.Example-I have a few HTC EVO 4G's. The stock battery is only a 1500mah battery. Basic talk and use....6 hours if I'm lucky. I found 3500mah batterys on ebay. My cost 11-14$(came with battery/Case back/rubber case cover/Charger). With the 3500mah battery, I get almost 2 days before I need to charge. If I turn off at night, I get even more.

check this link out...make sure this is the correct model before you purchase...I just typed in Samsung Victory 3400mah battery in the search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3400mAh-Extended-Slim-Battery-For-Sprint-Samsung-Galaxy-Victory-4G-LTE-SPH-L300-/281431421870?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Batteries&hash=item41869eb3ae

I just checked--These battery are a little more expensive than the HTC...But I bet there well worth the price...you could probably shop around and find them cheaper.

Hope this helps...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Yes have already bought some extra standard batteries when I first noticed that my first phone had a pathetic battery life. Also purchased 2 PNY Power Packs (battery backup/charger) which I can use to recharge the phones as well as other devices with a micro USB charging port. Wonder if FreedomPop ships these out with new batteries or just uses the original used one.
    @Gary‌
    Have you tried any new battery with a higher MAh???like the ones in the link I left....I even seen some 4600mah batterys for this phone...I wish I could get some 4600mah for my htc....

@njfulwider5‌
    No I only bought the cheap standard batteries. I'm not away from home that often except on the weekends. So hopefully between the extra batteries ($12 for two 2300 mAh batteries and wall charger), the two battery power packs, and charger in the car should provide us enough power backup for our two phones.
    Yep but that bytes....we have to do that with my wifes phone, they don't make bigger batterys or battery cases,,,,so she has 3 batterys on standby...and a solor charge, just encase

Yes unfortunately these smartphones aren't too smart when it comes to battery conservation. Plus my wife never got use to texting since on her current dumb phone since ATT would charge her 20 cents per msg. That situation plus plenty of voice rollover minutes due to a family plan means that she is use to actually talking for a long periods on her phone. So we too have resorted to all sort of battery backup strategies just in case. But no, we haven't resorted to going solar just yet.
  • hey @pleomorph‌ have you been able to resolve the issue with your battery ?
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • mmmooommmooo Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M
    Hi all : We recently got two Samsung Victory phones thru Freedompop and they are mostly working great! However, there is
    one of the phones that seems to have come with a defective battery.
    One phone charges and operates perfectly, and the other phone works fine, but when charging, the battery never reaches 100%, ever.
    You can take the battery out of the phone and put it in the other phone, and then, the same "bad battery" behavior happens in that
    phone. We've moved chargers and batteries around and it always
    follows the battery. Could someone please arrange for us to get
    a good battery for this phone?

Thanks!

mmmooo
    Hey, @Jorge M @JasmineS‌ @lolabee‌
    I found this one did some experimenting first.
  • @mmmooo‌ Please PM (by clicking on my name) your shipping address and the email associated with the defective phone account and I will get a battery sent. Thanks!
  • mmmooommmooo Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for your attention JasmineS - PM coming to you soon!