**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone DOA?

I just got my phone today, and it seems to be DOA. I am new to this phone (any smart phone, really) but it won't turn on, it has been plugged in for hours, and still, when I try to power it up it buzzes for a second, and then nothing.

I don't know who/how to contact to take care of this.

Comments

• EdwinFreedomPopEdwinFreedomPop Posts: 60FreedomPop Newbie, US Support admin
    @myownlittleworld‌ What should be happening is that when you power it on, it will buzz first, then a battery with a refresh circle will display, and then will show the charge status of the battery. Have you tried using a different charge cable? Could also be a defective battery. We can definitely send you a replacement battery in that case.
  • myownlittleworldmyownlittleworld Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I plugged it in with the charger that was provided (the only one I have that matches the port), and after a while a little red light showed at the top. It has been plugged in since 2pm, but the only thing that happens when I push the on button (no matter how many seconds I hold it) is that it makes a really short buzz sound. The screen doesn't even flicker like it is trying to come on.
    Incidentally, my account has been "running" since Aug. 30th, when I ordered the phone. I signed up for the "free trial" of the phone premier/extended warranty, so I have just a little over a week of the trial period left. This shouldn't be. You can't "try" these services without the use of a phone. When they get my phone situation straightened out, are they going to reset this for me?
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @myownlittleworld‌ Hey, if you could please PM me your current shipping address so I can have a replacement battery be shipped to you asap! :)
    @ Jorge- I was on the phone with support while you posted. ...he had me run through attempts to reset the phone with and without the charger attached. The determination was that the screen should come up with the charger attached, so he told me he was emailing me a return for exchange, thinking that it is a phone problem.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @myownlittleworld‌ Oh ok, well hopes this resolves this issue. When this process is dealt with feel free to message me and I will grant you some data for your troubles :)
  • shopjenningsshopjennings Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
  • shopjenningsshopjennings Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @myownlittleworld - Who did you contact to initiate the exchange? I'm having the same problems with a Galaxy S4 and no one has been able to do anything for the past 11 days.