Supported Phones: What phones can I activate with FreedomPop on BYOD?Update (10/5/2015)

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,334FreedomPop Master admin
edited October 2015 in BYOD #1
Stick it to the big names and cut your current cell phone bill by up to 80% a month! FreedomPop is set to completely disrupt the mobile communication landscape. We first started by offering sleek and compact hotspots with 100% free data. Now you can activate your device on the first provider to offer 100% Free Talk, Text, and Data!

Activate your new, pre-owned, or even handed down Sprint smartphone with FreedomPop! Just enter the phone’s ESN or MEID on FreedomPop’s site to get started.

We now support these Sprint phones on BYOD:

Apple iPhone:
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5s. (5C is not officially supported at this time)
iPhone 6/6s please click here!

HTC:
HTC Desire 510
HTC Evo Design
HTC Evo 3D
HTC Evo 4G----LTE Version*
HTC One M7
HTC One V

Kyocera:
Kyocera Event
Kyocera Hydro Icon
Kyocera Rise

LG:
LG G2
LG Nexus S
LG Nexus 5
LG Optimus S
LG Optimus V
LG Realm
LG Tribute
LG Viper
LG Volt* (currently experiencing activation issues)

Motorola:
Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation (CDMA LTE)

Samsung:
Samsung Epic 4G
Samsung Galaxy Discover
Samsung Galaxy Mega
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
Samsung Galaxy Rush
Samsung Galaxy SII (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy S4 ** (NO MINI)
Samsung Galaxy S5, 5s
Samsung Moment
Samsung Nexus S 4G
Samsung Victory

Tablet BYOD list:
iPads (all the way up through iPad Air 2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

*If you are experiencing activation issues...you might want to read about the following BYOD Activation error - Sprint Financial Eligibility Check

*These are the only devices currently supported via FreedomPop BYOD. Though other devices may be successful, they are not officially confirmed at this time.

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

BYOD Supports ONLY Sprint Devices see above

Cost of BYOD is $19.99 on a valid Credit/Debt Card...

Make sure to follow us on our social platforms to stay updated with future additions!

Instagram: FreedomPop, Twitter: @FreedomPop, Facebook.com/FreedomPop :)
Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,731FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, new devices are here! w00t
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Jorge M ‌ Please update list to not include sprint galaxy S4 l720t (Triband model) unless it is now supported! @Ali, what phones/tablets are new?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,731FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hankjrod LG Viper and retina iPad mini.
  • DarthVegasDarthVegas Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    MOTOROLA PHOTON Q, now that phone is needed.
  • DaveTalksDaveTalks Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    you all can use this list as an idea of the Minimum Support date for some phones (the date Sprint will allow MVNO to use on their networks)
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/05/banned-phones-tracking-sprint-blacklist.html
  • Dennis BrownDennis Brown Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Question- If I purchase a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet is it 100% that I can BYOD this device to Freedompop?
  • hankjrodhankjrod Posts: 368FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Jorge M Is the triband version of the GS4 now supported?
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,188FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert
    @Dennis Brown according to the byod list above, yes!
    @miguel lopez- But that often times doesn't mean even close to 100%.
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,188FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert
    @Dennis Brown‌ I don't understand your meaning. The list is accurate, do people have problems activating, yes! If you experience an issue activating then thats what Admins are here or youcan call customer support and they will get you hooked up!
  • Mike HuntMike Hunt Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie

Question- If I purchase a brand new Samsung Galaxy 3 Tablet is it 100% that I can BYOD this device to Freedompop?

I would run its MEID or IMEI against the database to check compatibility first. If it isnt compatible take the device back.
  • Tien HaTien Ha Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have just got my samsung victory and it is running great. Calls are awesome on 3g and 4g. However there are two things I concern about. First before I decide to buy the Victory I knew that the phone is supposed to have 4G of storage inside but mine only has 2G. Second is the battery life. I don't know why the battery drains out after 2-3 hours of using under WIFI. I emailed freedompop and Michael W replied all my email, but I don't really satisfied with his answers. Can I get a new battery at least?
    tienmva1 said:

I have just got my samsung victory and it is running great. Calls are awesome on 3g and 4g. However there are two things I concern about. First before I decide to buy the Victory I knew that the phone is supposed to have 4G of storage inside but mine only has 2G. Second is the battery life. I don't know why the battery drains out after 2-3 hours of using under WIFI. I emailed freedompop and Michael W replied all my email, but I don't really satisfied with his answers. Can I get a new battery at least?

The Galaxy Victory is another phone with partitioned internal memory that does not support moving apps to the micro SD. That limits your app space to whatever portion of the phone's internal memory is available. Most of the apps on the phone are dedicated to that space so your phone is still 4gig they do not make 2gig phones. If you have done troubleshooting and are trying to manage the battery use on the phone correctly, amazon has plenty of batteries, just be aware of the knock offs! I do not represent freedompop, I just like phones.
    My wife has a Galaxy S 3 and it is on the list but when I enter the MEID it says that it can not be used so I think Mike Hunt hit the nail on the head.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 649FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

@miguel lopez- But that often times doesn't mean even close to 100%.

I am using my newly activated Galaxy Tab 3. Before I bought it, I verified that the the ESN and ICCIDICCID would work.
  • agentremingtonagentremington Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    If the MEID doesn't work it is likely tied to another carrier. I don't think that has anything to do with the model

Also I agree with the Photon Q comment. I have one sitting around collecting dust that I could use for this if it were accepted.

Is FP looking to allow even more phones or is this going to be it for a while?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 2,468FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @agentremington‌ , this spring phone were added. Again in June, iPhones got added. Now more were added. Maybe 'tween Thanksgiving & Christmas we'll see the 5s and more added ? ( that's a guess on my part with no input from FP )
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, & 803S
    agentremington is correct. If the database does not accept the MEID it could just be for that reason only. Carriers like sprint and verizon have been very protective when it comes to control of their devices MEID's, IMEI's, ESN's, etc. That's why i would still recommend always checking first.
  • DaveTalksDaveTalks Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't know why Freedompop has such a delay in allowing phones on their network past sprints imposed blacklist period.

Look at Ting or Boost Mobile both third parties on sprints network yet they support phones i would go out and sink money into like the HTC one, Note 3, LG G2 and the like.
    DaveTalks, I believe it has to do a bit with the GSMA or (Groupe Speciale Mobile Association) If what is true with what is known about them, they are responsible for the policies that have pushed for IMEI and MEID blacklisting, That is such if a carrier deems the identity to be nullified it shall do so. Freedompop at the moment is leased off of sprint. If you are to choose freedompop as a carrier you have to respect the rules in place. Carriers like ting, boost mobile, and even cricket for example, have their own bylaws in place and you must look at parent companies or companies that buy them out to fully understand where their policies lie. I recommend one do their own research before making an investment so you know what to expect. This is just my opinion and guesses. I do not know if anything what I have just said is the full truth.
    DaveTalks, also I would recommend looking at it like its a business model. Ting, Boost mobile, for example do not offer a complete free option at the moment. Looking at the business model as "freemium" it would make perfect sense for why Freedom pop is doing what it does. At least to me.
  • 500ghz500ghz Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Mike Hunt said:

Looking at the business model as "freemium" it would make perfect sense for why Freedom pop is doing what it does. At least to me.

This makes sense, I think that freedompop "pays" for the non-blacklisted device lists from sprint and it would make sense that they would first be available on non freemium based models. I am not sure that they "pay" for the lists but I have been around when they were "updating" the lists causing lots of EVO shifts to not be on the lists. Whatever the case we are at the mercy of freedompop to gain access to the list of non-blacklisted meids fof iPhone 5C and 5Ss and until then we can just hope that this happens soon.
  • barkermanbarkerman Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I keep trying to activate my evo shift, but to no avail.
  • 500ghz500ghz Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    barkerman said:

I keep trying to activate my evo shift, but to no avail.

@barkerman Like I said the list of Shifts was bad and lots of devices were not on the list to be added I believe if you pm one of the admins or maybe call them they can manually add you.
  • Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

If the MEID doesn't work it is likely tied to another carrier. I don't think that has anything to do with the model

Also I agree with the Photon Q comment. I have one sitting around collecting dust that I could use for this if it were accepted.

Is FP looking to allow even more phones or is this going to be it for a while?

@agentremington‌ , is it a phone, if so, you can use the free talk and text (no data) app, it work with all android.
    Email: itbrianmc@aol.com
    itbrianmc@comcast.net

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
This discussion has been closed.